Sign in to follow this  
Stallownage

Rocket - an M1 Garand? I'll do the work.

KSVK (would make more sense then the m107) pkp pecheng' date=' rpk, RPG, SVD, Vss vintorez, as val, and many more.

[/quote']

I kind of disagree on these points. If you imagine a world-collapse kind of situation you gotta imagine who's going to be the first to start profiteering by selling weapons to insurgents or interest groups in countries likely to become their rivals for resources. This in mind it's plausible for slighly older american stuff to be diffused among states deemed unfriendly to the US. I don't mean garand though. This justifies the presence of m16s and LAWs and m107s though, imo.

The other thing to consider is that i dont think this asset will match the quality of the default arma ones, accuracy and texture wise. It might seem harsh to say this, but to juxtapose it with the arma2 assets will really highlight the problems it has.

My word, do you get tiresome.

It's not up to you, it's Rocket's call. If he wants it when its done, he can have it. If he doesn't then that's up to him. In the meantime, please take your pedestal and get the f*** out of my thread.

Cheers

You're right, it's rocket's call. I'll get the fuck out of your thread. About the pedestal, don't think that you've seen the last of it - i borrowed it from the rest of the game.

You know what, screw it. I have better things to do with my time than make stuff so people like you can be a douche about it. I really hope you don't actually work in this industry, I would hate to be on the desk next to you.

Peace out

Great attitude, bud! You'll go far by responding to people who give honest criticism, and know what they're talking about, to "get the f*** out" of your thread. It's a wonder people even try and help.

Great attitude' date=' bud! You'll go far by responding to people who give honest criticism, and know what they're talking about, to "get the f*** out" of your thread. It's a wonder people even try and help.

[/quote']

I have nothing to prove to you or anyone else. All I wanted to do was something nice for Garand lovers, and OFFER it to rocket if he wanted it in his mod. Not force it, offer it. All Harry has managed to do is come across as an armchair commando, and acted as if he is somehow superior to me.

I told him to get out of my thread after he made a post which was in no way constructive, and the gist of which amounted to "this guy's crap."

He pointed out a number of things on your model that you could improve, and merely made the statement that it wouldn't fit in with the current ingame assets, which I totally agree with. Many ArmA 2 mods have art assets which don't fit with the rest of the game, and art consistency is an important thing. He wasn't saying "this guy's crap", he was making a valid point which most people are either unwilling or unable to acknowledge.

At no point did he say anything that could be construed as rude or insulting, but I will probably duck out of this thread too since it has become apparent that criticism of any sort is unwelcome regardless of intent.

I have no problem with his critique, it was the way it was done. You might not have found anything to be particularly rude or insulting, but I did, and I stand by that judgement. Doesn't make it a fact, but it's how I judged it.

I fixed the specific accuracy issues he pointed out, what I found irritating was the statement that it would be unfit texture wise to go in the game. When I stated in the very first post that I was re-baking and re-texturing it, I think that judgement was a little premature. In any case, given in the overall responses, including rocket's, you and he are in the minority.

It is no longer an issue, I will discontinue the asset. I have no wish to burden your game with inaccuracies.

Mods, please close this thread.

Dont let harry discourage you in making models. I still dont think a m1 grand is a good addition to the mod, based on cherno veing a former soviet state. Btw harry are you retarded? Ofc there wont be any LAWs and m107's, its every man for itself. Russian weapons should be common. Us and eu weapons should be very rare, and only be found in wrecked choppers, dead special forces, dead soldiers etc.