Sign in to follow this  
steam-76561198176125449

Surround sound problem

Mb it's a new feature, idk, but I have a surround sound in headphones or through the speakers, like i can't hear anything what's happening behind my character. For example, if'm using a car, i can't hear the engine if it's behind, i have to turn around my head to hear anything, same thing if some shooting happening behind the character, i hear only quiet crack sound. Any solutions, gentelmen?

EDIT: Surround sound is disabled in windows settings

Edited by steam-76561198176125449

Have you faced this problem before, on the same headphones?

This is possible due to additional drivers for headphones if they have a built-in sound card.

if you don't have a built-in sound card, then probably either reinstalling the game (or checking the integrity of the game files), or deleting the driver in the device manager then restarting computer should help.

For example, I encountered the problem of strong sound distortion when using surround sound in logitech software

Edited by CAESIUM11

Also if you have built-in sound card in your headphones, maybe reinstalling software for headphones should work 

23 hours ago, CAESIUM11 said:

Also if you have built-in sound card in your headphones, maybe reinstalling software for headphones should work 

I play through speakers mostly, but this thing happens both on headphones and speakers. Headphones from HyperX (stereo), they don't have any external drivers. And i didn't face that problem before, it just happened at the moment.

Edited by steam-76561198176125449