Sign in to follow this  
Sistinas1973-4aa40cbdba1df7da

shelters/buried items. How long do they last?

Last update I've been able to find was for 2020. Can anyone confirm how long shelters/buried items (dry bag, wooden box) will stay on the server? I have read it was 30 days, or 1 week without interacting with the item? Do you have to be on a specific server to have your items remain (until server wipe)? 

thanks and happy hunting. 

I just checked the types.xml of my server and these are the standard lifetimes, considering your server has not modified them: leather shelter 604800 seconds = 7 days (without flag pole), buried items (found as UndergroundStash in types.xml) 1209600 seconds = 14 days

Edit: From what I know, the timer can be reset for buried items by just re-burying them again, "interacting" with the leather shelter doesn't count though by just moving items. You'd need to redeploy it again or it will just disappear.

Edited by eZthetic

This is a lie, as of recent updates you don't have to redeploy anything, just interact.. I've had the same improv shelters up for a month and never once redeployed it and they stayed, and it's on official... So...