Sign in to follow this  
rackinglad27

specs for day z?

.dedicated Gforce RTX 3050ti 4gb grapics

.AMD ryzen 7 4800H octa care processor

.16gb of DDR4 SDRAM

.512gb SSD

Any info would be great as I'm new to PC/Laptop gaming. thank you.

Should run it just fine and dandy on decent settings with good frames and 0 issues (I'm guessing high/very high on 1080p with 100+ fps almost all the time)

4gb VRAM on the GPU might be a tad low for some games, but in DayZ it will be fine (i've got RX580 with 4gb too and this old card runs it fine)
If you end up having stutters in some games, try lowering texture quality from like extreme/ultra to veryhigh/high cause textures affect VRAM a lot.

Edited by DefectiveWater
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, DefectiveWater said:

Should run it just fine and dandy on decent settings with good frames and 0 issues (I'm guessing high/very high on 1080p with 100+ fps almost all the time)

4gb VRAM on the GPU might be a tad low for some games, but in DayZ it will be fine (i've got RX580 with 4gb too and this old card runs it fine)
If you end up having stutters in some games, try lowering texture quality from like extreme/ultra to veryhigh/high cause textures affect VRAM a lot.

nice on pal. thx for getting back to me, I'm looking forward to trying it out tomorrow and it will also be my first venture into day z on pc 😍 

is there a program I can use to always display my FPS let's say in the top corner if my screen so I know how it's keeping up with the game(s)?

14 minutes ago, rackinglad27 said:

is there a program I can use to always display my FPS let's say in the top corner if my screen so I know how it's keeping up with the game(s)?

There's a setting in Nvidia software thingy to show FPS counter somewhere, so I would suggest that one if all you care is FPS numbers.
Just google something like: "nvidia enable fps counter"

There's also Afterburner, it's mostly a overclocking tool (don't overclock though) but it has a REALLY detailed On-Screen Display overlay (framerate, frametimes, gpu usage, gpu temps, gpu frequency, gpu memory frequency... but that's probably overkill lol).
From what I remember back in the day people would run FRAPS (video recording software) but they wouldn't record but only enable "show fps" setting.

But as I said, I would recommend you  to stick to the Nvidia software just so you don't have to download extra 3rd party tools.

Edited by DefectiveWater
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, rackinglad27 said:

Yes, it is very easy, and you don't need a program if just want the FPS counter, since Steam has the option for it. Search for "show fps counter steam" or something similar in Google.

About your rig, it's more than a decent one for running DayZ. I think it will run very smooth, maybe not in ultra settings but in medium should be about 80 to 100 frames per second easily. Tweak the settings and find the right spot for your preference.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Nolhek said:

Yes, it is very easy, and you don't need a program if just want the FPS counter, since Steam has the option for it. Search for "show fps counter steam" or something similar in Google.

About your rig, it's more than a decent one for running DayZ. I think it will run very smooth, maybe not in ultra settings but in medium should be about 80 to 100 frames per second easily. Tweak the settings and find the right spot for your preference.

lovely thank you very much for the info 😀 👍

22 minutes ago, DefectiveWater said:

There's a setting in Nvidia software thingy to show FPS counter somewhere, so I would suggest that one if all you care is FPS numbers.
Just google something like: "nvidia enable fps counter"

There's also Afterburner, it's mostly a overclocking tool (don't overclock though) but it has a REALLY detailed On-Screen Display overlay (framerate, frametimes, gpu usage, gpu temps, gpu frequency, gpu memory frequency... but that's probably overkill lol).
From what I remember back in the day people would run FRAPS (video recording software) but they wouldn't record but only enable "show fps" setting.

But as I said, I would recommend you  to stick to the Nvidia software just so you don't have to download extra 3rd party tools.

brilliant ill look into that then 😀 👍