slasher (DayZ)

Once you choose a server, you stay in it 24/7. Log out= character stays on server!

This mod is supposed to be realistic. When you choose a server, your character should stay on that server until death, no exceptions! When logging out, your character should stay on the server. Not only does this provide a immersive experience that is realistic as ROCKET intended, it kills dcing in one blow. It also makes the player think more. Its like when logging out, the character is sleeping. Youwould want to find a safe place to sleep before logging out.

This game is supposed to be immersive as possible. Being able to leave the world you started on, server hopping is stupid.

This being applied in a patch would make this game 100x better. To the people who is gonna bitch this is taking it overboard, there is no such thing. This game is intended for 100% realistic zombie apocalpse, this isn't a game that holds your hand.

I hope Rocket and team push this to the next level. The game is awesome so far!

-Mark

I don't suppose you've ever taken a gander at the server choices us Aussies/Kiwi's have?

During peak time, every server is full to max, so you take whichever slot you can get and hope your mates get in soon. I'm not sure about other regions, but your idea just wouldn't work down here.

So what happens when the server my 2 week survivor plays on goes offline for testing or goes completely out? What happens if your "one server" becomes infested by hackers or admin abuse? What if your home server is FULL? Should we have to abandon our characters so that the few that abuse the server hop exploit will be stopped?

1. Should be in suggestions

2. Is a flat-out terrible idea

3. ENOUGH with the "it isn't realistic." We're fighting zombies, we never have to shit, and we respawn with full memories of our past lives. In that context, I think dimension/server switching is an acceptable breach of realism.

Silly idea.

1. It completely cuts out any possibility for group play that may be spontaneous.

2. What about the thousands of people who play on one server at any time? Finding safe places to "sleep" would be tough.

3. How mad would you get if, say, you have an awesome sleeping place, logged out, then went in later, and all your gear is gone & you have to start over? That'd make anyone mad.

4. This doesn't seem quite feasible, technically speaking. Servers would work overtime and double as hard to keep every avatar in the world, along with gear, in the place they were in. With the thousands that do join the server (say its a popular one for the time zone), it'd make the server overload eventually.

This being applied in a patch would make this game 100x better.

Purely subjective. Anyways...

It's a decent idea to an extent, but it still wouldn't be as realistic as possible. If you come across someone sleeping they will probably wake up for one reason or another. They aren't just going to continue sleeping while you waltz around, tea bag the person, look through their stuff etc.

The only people who would probably like something that this (they way you describing it working) are the people who do absolutely nothing else in life except play DayZ. Everybody else would be better off just clicking the respawn better before they log off to go to school/work/sleep/whatever.

Could you imagine player operated "inns" for protection while offline.

"Come stay at my Inn! I'll protect you while you're logged out!"

You log in some time later and you're back on the beach.

Could you imagine player operated "inns" for protection while offline.

"Come stay at my Inn! I'll protect you while you're logged out!"

You log in some time later and you're back on the beach.

Then you run to your tent, restock and get revenge. If you were locked to one server you'd have a reputation.

This mod is supposed to be realistic. When you choose a server' date=' your character should stay on that server until death, no exceptions! When logging out, your character should stay on the server. Not only does this provide a immersive experience that is realistic as ROCKET intended, it kills dcing in one blow. It also makes the player think more. Its like when logging out, the character is sleeping. Youwould want to find a safe place to sleep before logging out.

This game is supposed to be immersive as possible. Being able to leave the world you started on, server hopping is stupid.

This being applied in a patch would make this game 100x better. To the people who is gonna bitch this is taking it overboard, there is no such thing. This game is intended for 100% realistic zombie apocalpse, this isn't a game that holds your hand.

-Mark

[/quote']

reasons why this idea sucks.

what if you want to play with friends but they're on another server. you've got 20 hours into your guy and he's kitted up. want to start over on another server? fuck no.

exponential increase in player data, thus an increased strain on the hive.

the server is down, or you can't get onto it for a couple days (happened to me with chicago 31 and i lost my tent.

micromanagement to this extent is a no go.

(Yesterday 09:46 PM)slasher Wrote:  This mod is supposed to be realistic. When you choose a server, your character should stay on that server until death, no exceptions! When logging out, your character should stay on the server. Not only does this provide a immersive experience that is realistic as ROCKET intended, it kills dcing in one blow. It also makes the player think more. Its like when logging out, the character is sleeping. Youwould want to find a safe place to sleep before logging out.

-Mark

reasons why this idea sucks.

what if you want to play with friends but they're on another server. you've got 20 hours into your guy and he's kitted up. want to start over on another server? fuck no.

exponential increase in player data, thus an increased strain on the hive.

the server is down, or you can't get onto it for a couple days (happened to me with chicago 31 and i lost my tent.

micromanagement to this extent is a no go.

Huh. This sounds almost identical to what I said.

I don't suppose you've ever taken a gander at the server choices us Aussies/Kiwi's have?

During peak time' date=' every server is full to max, so you take whichever slot you can get and hope your mates get in soon. I'm not sure about other regions, but your idea just wouldn't work down here.

[/quote']

^ This

During peak time' date=' every server is full to max, so you take whichever slot you can get and hope your mates get in soon. I'm not sure about other regions, but your idea just wouldn't work down here.

[/quote']

^ This

^ Seconded.

This mod is supposed to be realistic. When you choose a server' date=' your character should stay on that server until death, no exceptions! When logging out, your character should stay on the server. Not only does this provide a immersive experience that is realistic as ROCKET intended, it kills dcing in one blow. It also makes the player think more. Its like when logging out, the character is sleeping. Youwould want to find a safe place to sleep before logging out.

-Mark

[/quote']

Rocket means the experience to be authentic, not realistic per se. This is too difficult to implement and the problems that arise are ridiculous. What if the server is full? What if the server goes down? What if I don't like playing with 3dp and ch on anymore? What if my friends happen to be on that other server?