Violt

DayZ Hostname Parameter missing on startup

Hello, When i start my DayZ Server it gives the following message: 

23:43:12 [ERROR][Server config] :: hostName parameter is missing.

then shuts the server down.

How do i fix this?

This is my start bat. (The serverDZ.cfg is in the root folder of the DayZ Server) 

@Echo off
color 02

echo Do not close this window.

Title DayZ Server 1 started at %time% - %date%
    echo.
    echo DayZ Server 1 started at %time% - %date%
    echo.
goto startup
:restart
    Title DayZ Server 1 restarted at %time% - %date%
    echo.
    echo DayZ Server 1 restarted at %time% - %date%
    echo.
:startup
	cd "C:\Server-Folder\dayzserver" 
    	start "" /HIGH /min /wait "DZSALModServer.exe" -config=serverDZ.cfg -port=2302 -profiles=E:\DayZProfiles\Remnant -name=Violt -adminlog -freezecheck -cpuCount=4 "-mod=@VanillaPlusPlusMap;@Airdrop-Upgraded;@Code Lock;@Ear-Plugs;@Server_Information_Panel;@CF;@Community-Online-Tools;@BuildAnywhere_v3;@Trader;@Banking;"
	c:\Windows\System32\timeout /t 20
goto restart

This is my ServerDZ.cfg: 

hostname = "Remnant - Test Server";  // Server name
password = "";              // Password to connect to the server
passwordAdmin = "vpcg3838";         // Password to become a server admin

enableWhitelist = 0;        // Enable/disable whitelist (value 0-1)

maxPlayers = 60;            // Maximum amount of players

verifySignatures = 2;       // Verifies .pbos against .bisign files. (only 2 is supported)
forceSameBuild = 1;         // When enabled, the server will allow the connection only to clients with same the .exe revision as the server (value 0-1)

disableVoN = 0;             // Enable/disable voice over network (value 0-1)
vonCodecQuality = 30;        // Voice over network codec quality, the higher the better (values 0-30)

disable3rdPerson=0;         // Toggles the 3rd person view for players (value 0-1)
disableCrosshair=1;         // Toggles the cross-hair (value 0-1)

disablePersonalLight = 1;   // Disables personal light for all clients connected to server
lightingConfig = 0;         // 0 for brighter night setup, 1 for darker night setup

serverTime="SystemTime";    // Initial in-game time of the server. "SystemTime" means the local time of the machine. Another possibility is to set the time to some value in "YYYY/MM/DD/HH/MM" format, f.e. "2015/4/8/17/23" .
serverTimeAcceleration=12;  // Accelerated Time (value 0-24)// This is a time multiplier for in-game time. In this case, the time would move 24 times faster than normal, so an entire day would pass in one hour.
serverNightTimeAcceleration=4;  // Accelerated Nigh Time - The numerical value being a multiplier (0.1-64) and also multiplied by serverTimeAcceleration value. Thus, in case it is set to 4 and serverTimeAcceleration is set to 2, night time would move 8 times faster than normal. An entire night would pass in 3 hours.
serverTimePersistent=1;     // Persistent Time (value 0-1)// The actual server time is saved to storage, so when active, the next server start will use the saved time value.

guaranteedUpdates=1;        // Communication protocol used with game server (use only number 1)

loginQueueConcurrentPlayers=1;  // The number of players concurrently processed during the login process. Should prevent massive performance drop during connection when a lot of people are connecting at the same time.
loginQueueMaxPlayers=500;       // The maximum number of players that can wait in login queue

instanceId = 1;             // DayZ server instance id, to identify the number of instances per box and their storage folders with persistence files

storeHouseStateDisabled = false;// Disable houses/doors persistence (value true/false), usable in case of problems with persistence
storageAutoFix = 1;         // Checks if the persistence files are corrupted and replaces corrupted ones with empty ones (value 0-1)

// Additional Parameters
steamQueryPort = 2305;
respawnTime = 30;				// Sets the respawn delay (in seconds) before the player is able to get a new character on the server, when the previous one is dead
maxPing= 200;					// Max ping value until server kick the user (value in milliseconds)
adminLogPlayerHitsOnly = 1;		// 1 - log player hits only / 0 - log all hits ( animals/infected )
adminLogPlacement = 1;			// 1 - log placement action ( traps, tents )
adminLogBuildActions = 1;		// 1 - log basebuilding actions ( build, dismantle, destroy )
adminLogPlayerList = 0;			// 1 - log periodic player list with position every 5 minutes

class Missions
{
    class DayZ
    {
        template="dayzRemnant.chernarusplus"; // Mission to load on server startup. <MissionName>.<TerrainName>
					      // Vanilla mission: dayzOffline.chernarusplus
					      // DLC mission: dayzOffline.enoch
    };
};

Maybe I should ponder the problem more before I try to help

I can't think of issues, sry. Best of luck.

-indij

Edited by indijdev
removed bad advice twice