Sign in to follow this  
Landen

flare gun

i don't know if arma vanilla has a flare gun in it already, but they should seriously look into adding one for this mod.

have it as a tool belt item that you swap with pistol.

shoot it into the air and get a minute or so of red light over a wider area.

I've been thinking about it for a while now.

-have zombies gravitate towards the flares location,

-let it sit above the area for maybe 30 seconds (i don't know how long real flare guns last for)

-as for ammo, have either a 5-10 minute cool-down, or have each gun give you 3 shots or something.

-if you shoot it at an object instead of in the air it would stick to that object(people for example)

thoughts?

My thoughts are that you should use the search bar, instead of suggesting something that's been suggested before.

Why shoot flares when you can throw them already? That's another weapon and ammo for that weapon you gotta carry where the flares and chem lights are 10-qty per inventory slot.

Or you know' date=' you could get the M203 and shoot the flare rounds....

[/quote']

M203s and flares must be really easy to come by during a zombie apocalypse. Far more common than a civilian survival tool, right?

Why shoot flares when you can throw them already? That's another weapon and ammo for that weapon you gotta carry where the flares and chem lights are 10-qty per inventory slot.

Shooting a flare up illuminates a huge area. Throwable flares and launched flares are different and aren't interchangeable, so if a flare gun is added it should use its own ammo, and maybe M203 flares, but that would be a stretch.

make it like the hatchet was before last patch' date=' each hatchet had 9999 hits and reloaded when you pick up another hatchet, its not like you had more hatchets in slots, you had one, with reloads.

so you would pick up a flaregun, and it would have 3 uses, same way as matches work, except with a limit, pick up another flare gun, and then it gives you another 3 rounds, that dont take up any space.

\this would be a large area flare, the ones we have now have a radius, but using a flare gun you could illuminate an entire town(maybe a larger portion of a city, but a whole town, like kamy or something)

[hr']

Or you know' date=' you could get the M203 and shoot the flare rounds....

[/quote']

i didnt know the m203 had flare rounds. but like confus said, m203's are harder to come by in this situation, and i have yet to see one in this game, or anyone using one.

My thoughts are that you should use the search bar' date=' instead of suggesting something that's been suggested before.

[/quote']

HEY WHAT A GREAT IDEA, MAN I WISH ID THOUGHT OF IT!

the search bar wont work for me, it just loads a page with the dayz banner at the top and nothing else.

be productive dont just post filler.

say that, and then talk about the subject, or maybe even link the other thread, and say, "in this thread, they talk about this and that and blah blah blah"

instead of just being a dick and assuming people dont do searches first.

just because many people dont, doesnt mean everyone doesnt

I approve....

it would help give my location to my buddies if i get lost....