Sign in to follow this  
Syntax323

My first murder

Well, Just took a guys life. Was running around near Elektro as I was just getting ready to start dying of thirst and hunger. I start running to anything I can find, when I suddenly hear gun fire. I run to the direction of it, when I see a survivor in a ghillie suit next to a red roof barn sitting in the open. I am not one to kill on sight, I will only shoot in my self defense, or if I feel threatened, but I try to help others out if I can.

I sat in the tree line and watched him just crouched their. Over the mic I asked him multiple times if he was friendly. I told him don't do anything crazy or i'll fire. I even typed it out asking friendly multiple times. I know he heard me because he instantly started scouring the tree line and started to move closer to the barn while keeping an eye on the zombies. I told him to stop moving, or I will shoot. Again searching the tree line for me.

It all happened very fast, but I couldn't tell if he shot into the tree line or not, but my heart was racing as it was, nd I opened fire with semi auto AKM. It looked as if I hit him in leg and in chest, and he dropped. Still alive I finished him off with a few more shots as he wasn't unconscious but firing while prone. Feel sort of bad as he was loaded with gear, but I didn't want to take the chance of me dying when I gave him a chance.

Whoever you are, sorry it happened the way it did, but I wasn't about to come walking up to you and give you the chance to kill me. Next time just respond and I would have let you go no problems. Your gear will be put to good use, sorry for the hard work you did to get it, but you know how it is. :(

On to the prize list:

L85A2 AW2

M4A1 CCO SD x8 Mags

1x Antibiotics

1x Blood bad

Assortment of food/water bottles

M1911 x6 Mags

2x Morphine

2x Painkillers

1x Red smoke grenade

Matches

Compass

GPS

NV Goggles

Rangefinder

Toolbox

Coyote Backpack

P.S This was my first murder, as I try am mostly friendly. Last night I got into a firefight with someone who I shot 3 times in the leg and he passed out. I walked over to him and told him again all he had to do was respond and not engage and situation would have been different. He told me to fuck off. Gave him a morphine and left. I try to leave on a good note for the most part.

Dam he was loaded. Your second fight sounds like something from a movie.

Yeah, this entire game is like a fucked up action/horror movie to me. Haha

Yeah this guy was extremely loaded. Their was a few other little items I wanted, but my heart was racing, and I was in the middle of a open field right next to Elektro w/ 45 people in the server. Couldn't stick around too long.

Definitely feel bad because he was so loaded... but I mean, it happens, it's a game. Same thing happened to me two days ago. We all move on. That's the glory this game holds, as Rocket has said numerous times. He wants people to have emotions when they play, and this mod does exactly that. I may feel guilt, and joy at the same time, while he is probably pissed off. It really does amaze me how a game can give these emotions. Haven't really had that from a game before. It's great.

you're going to get killed if you keep being so nice

it's a post apocalyptic lawless world filled with zombies

the morphine guy should have killed you

Well, duh, of course i'm going to get killed...haha!

Until than, thought i'd be one of the nice people you run into ever so often, and make it's so it's isn't a "once upon a time" fairy tail of running into someone who won't shoot on sight. :)

I like to help. It's a fun way to play. Helping people out, and at the same time I get to kill people who don't comply. Works for me!

you did the right thing, No response and still moving would result to a threat whatever ways you see it, if he saw you he would of shot you first, dont feel bad because he did it on his own intent and judging by it he was ready to fire at you once spotted

Thank you Asasaint.

Yeah, I know I did. Not like I was trying to rob the guy. I was just trying to make my way through without being seen trying to find food and water, and this guy was blocking my path. It was a simple answer he could have said. If he would have responded, I would have told him to put weapon down and walk away. He didn't know exactly where I was at, because I was very well hidden behind a bush and tree.

Perfect example people. Those who run up to other players and yell "FRIENDLY?"...Just don't do it. No one can be trusted unless you know them, or they actually do respond and have a good chat, even than it can be iffy. Don't complain by saying you were shot on sight asking if friendly. Have to be sneaky and hide to the point where you can see him perfectly, but he can't see you. Make sure he knows that as-well. That way if you do happen to be found and killed, at least you tried. If you run up to him, that's your own fault and no remorse! :)

Gosh, I don't even know what to do now with all this gear...Haha