Good read. I feel like this is the average transformation from Survivor to Bandit.

Welcome to the ranks of the unwanted, where there is no "we". You're beans are my beans.

Welcome to the brotherhood! Im starting a brigandry-based clan soon,so we can rape and pillage the Chernarussian countryside together!(Well maybe not rape,but there WILL be theft,murder and fun)PM me if you are interested guys, cant wait to raid those -NCM- pansies,and anyone who comes to the north looking to kill some banditos.

That's actually the really similar to what happened to me.

I made a living scavenging just inland from the coast, usually hitting towns 3-4km for the coast and sometimes bouncing in to the outskirts of Cherno and Elektro for the clusters of barns there. One day I was doing my normal rounds, happened across a bandit with a CZ550 on the hill just NW of Chernogorsk, in the treeline (I was just walking over the hill having ransacked a few buildings on the other side). He was taking shots at a group of two helpless survivors, so I took him out with my Winchester, and felt like a god having saved those lives and taken his Coyote Backpack filled with gear. I decided to keep his CZ550 and some ammo in my backpack - just in case I needed to defend myself against more bandits. Bored of being in that area, I decided to trek up to Berezino where I found a repairable bus near some apartment buildings near the seaport, I deployed my tent nearby and started an operation to repair the bus so that I could travel freely.

I managed to find two wheels and some windscreens in the storage sheds at the seaport, but had a hard time finding metal parts. The next day I went on another search for parts and came across two survivors, I called out that I was friendly in direct chat, and they responded the same. So I started to move along with my search, seconds later I heard the crack of gunshots near missing me, I did what any sane person would do and find cover. Their gunshots attracted a zombie horde which kept them occupied long enough for me to climb onto the roof of a nearby industrial building, and equip the CZ550 - the same one that the bandit I killed was using to kill two survivors. Now I was doing exactly the same.

I killed the two survivors and moved on as a bandit, trying to repair my bus.

I would hold up in the enterable apartment buildings, and take out anyone who crossed my path, because I knew that being a bandit, they would most likely shoot at me on sight. Eventually I was in desperate need of food and water - I made my way towards the supermarket in the middle of Berezino. I accidentally alerted zombies just outside the supermarket, so I ran inside and started taking them out, not noticing that there was a person on the other side of the courtyard. Just as I was killing the last two zombies, I was shot through the window by the other player.

I love this game.

I ran the length of the coast with my acquaintance, each of us pausing briefly to scan the horizon.

When we stopped at Prigorodky and he surveyed the terrain I thought to myself: what if he is just going to murder me at the first sign of loot? What if he is just waiting until it is convenient to take my canteen? I watched him surveying and I decided: me or him. My Makarov leveled itself. I pick me.

I shot him 4 times in the head before I let him drop. Sorry, Survivor, I couldn't risk it. Hope the beach is sunnier next time.