Sign in to follow this  
ColSanders37

New to the forums running low fps

Hey all, I'm new to these forums. Been following Dayz for a while and finally took the leap! I love it! Problem is I've been running low fps while in game. I checked all the posts about others having some problems and I've used their tweaks (Changing settings in-game and in the NVidia control panel) but to no avail. I'm running around 10-12fps while running through the woods and open fields, but I get around 3-5 fps when I'm near zombies or they are spawning.

So, I was just wondering if someone could help me out by reading my specs and seeing if I should upgrade my graphics card or something else? Any help would be greatly appreciated from a fellow survivor.

Processor - Intel Core 2 Duo CPU E8400 @3.00GHz

RAM- 4.00GB (2 2GB DDR2 chips I believe)

64-bit Windows 7

Graphics Card- NVidia GeForce 9800 GT

I built the computer in 2009 with a friend's help but I've been out of the loop tech wise for a bit. Not sure if an upgrade in my graphics card would raise my fps substantially enough to warrant an upgrade or not? Thanks guys!

I know you said u tweaked settings but im gonna advise this anyway mate. Drop your HDR option to low and also shadows to low. If you havnt already this will boost performance in a big way for you. Your GPU is well outdated as it was made before Arma 2. Saying that you should be able to run on low settings with 20+. My friend was until recently running on an old dual core, 2gb ram and an integrated gpu !! He had his laggy moments but could on the whole play quight well. Failing this upgrade either your gpu or your whole system depending on your budget. Hope this helps :)

I know you said u tweaked settings but im gonna advise this anyway mate. Drop your HDR option to low and also shadows to low. If you havnt already this will boost performance in a big way for you. Your GPU is well outdated as it was made before Arma 2. Saying that you should be able to run on low settings with 20+. My friend was until recently running on an old dual core' date=' 2gb ram and an integrated gpu !! He had his laggy moments but could on the whole play quight well. Failing this upgrade either your gpu or your whole system depending on your budget. Hope this helps :)

[/quote']

I believe I have already done this but I'll check again to make sure. I just watch these videos of others running into towns with no lag or drop in frame-rate and I get extremely jealous!

If the settings don't work then I will look for a new gpu. I'll let you know how it goes! Thanks for your help! Cheers! Oh... and happy hunting (or should I say surviving)!