Sign in to follow this  
mrsombre

Random events system

I think it would be interesting to explore world with some unexpected encounters, that u can find on yr way and i think it's a very interesting story in yr character life, when u find that thing and can talk this to others, who never seen this before ) I mean very rare situations.

I try to give some examples i can imagine, but community can offer their own.

- Military drop on NW airfield. Imagine u and ur friends fighting with bandits, hiding in hangars. And in the moment u hear heavy aircraft (kile c130) and then few aggressive recon squads dropped in parachute near u. They doest matter who u are, bandit or not. Government send them to clear and hold airfield for some reason. So, what u ll do now. Run out like a crazy, die or cooperate with this bandits to knock out military and steal special equipment.

And if u run or be killed, military teams survived in action start to patrol area (zombie stop spawn for a while). And all who want to loot nwair now need to think about. Maybe cooperate with others or maybe avoid this area forever.

- An airstrike on cherno (lol). Ok, government send few fighters to scout, seek and destroy zombies. Imagine: few guys loot shop, one sniper bandit try to aim and shoot noob, and the moment they see two navy fighters and cherno start to burn everywhere xD

- Some situations that spawn in every server randomly, but u can find it when exploring world. (like "Whale and flower"). Maybe crashed c130 on a field with bodies near, maybe few burned t72, dead squad and dead zombies near it (and few alive). I mean not common as dead soldiers on every airfield and crap hummies on every single village. But some in deep and wild fields, that was in past, but now u see aftermath and can image yr own story about what happened there. And u think: damn, im not alone here and some really interesting things happened while im try to loot that beans.

- And why no single women in a world? ))) U hate them? I think u can find a little camp in a woods with fire near it, few tents, and few dead girls and boys near, and maybe few dead zombies. And u think: oh, dam, these guys dead on an pick-nick when all of this starts.

This game about story. U try to survive in a dangerous world, full of bandits and zombies. There are so many nice stories now on forum, that u make yrself with other players or a single.

I like to exploring a world. Im survived now for more then 8 hours totally. Start on a beach i'm start my long journey on the north, visiting NW air, both Sobors, Zavod, Devils castle, North dam, etc. I get good gear full of water, meat and ammo. But now i bored of it, because i dont need loot anymore as i found matches and knife. I dont need beans anymore, i can hunt now. And i get 3 bottles, that i can refill when i need.

I think that currently it would be very hard to implement so many "random events" to make them feel "random".

Besides,personally i prefer that all events occur because of players' actions.Its such a huge relief after a stream of scripted games,so to make it interesting they should be varied,realistic and make common sense.At the current moment I dont think its worth it,but if we'll imagine that it is future and mod is in beta and getting closer to release,I'd say that the game is better without them.

I like random events just not the ones you mentioned...it should be zombie themed....like migrating hordes traveling along roads to other cities once in a while and what not

I would love a military event of some sort. Maybe not as big as a para drop. But maybe a small convoy that travels around.

Something similar as the emissions in S.T.A.L.K.E.R. would be pretty awesome! Of course it would have to be in a zombie theme instead of a nuclear theme.