Sign in to follow this  
PkStormx

Locking Cars.

we should be able to lock cars, and have keys on the player who owns the car. so that way you can just park it, and not worry about someone running up to it and driving it off.

my idea was when the car freshly spawns, it has the keys in the gear compartment, then only you can drive it, unless you get shot and they take the keys off your body.

i know they have this type of system on other mods, i kinda want it to be implemented in here too...

also maybe add a hot wire option with a chance to set off the panic button and draw zombies.

I'd have they keys able to go on the tool belt and also have the name of the corresponding vehicle shown,

eg. Keys (GAZ)

Well, I would imagine that the people in Day Z are not using keys since they're hot wiring the cars.

So instead of having your car stolen you want to have your car blown up?

Whatever suits you....

i think this is a bad idea ok lets say you come across someones car and its the first one you have seen in hours but guess what the owner to that car has logged off and wont be returning for hours i mean if this were to happen in real life i would just smash the window hop in and drive off.

Well' date=' I would imagine that the people in Day Z are not using keys since they're hot wiring the cars.

[/quote']

it has a chance to set off the alarm though, so you would be risking having zombies attracted to your location.

i think this is a bad idea ok lets say you come across someones car and its the first one you have seen in hours but guess what the owner to that car has logged off and wont be returning for hours i mean if this were to happen in real life i would just smash the window hop in and drive off.

well possibly you could do that, but bashing in the windows would set off the alarm, so while your driving you are telling everyone of your location.