ericdude88

Stary Sobor : Sniper Haven

Then I run out to the field in the North East of the town and I hear CONSTANT popping of loud snipers from a distance and bullets landing all around me (there were at least 2 snipers firing at once). From the sound they were M107s. However' date=' thanks to my zigzagging after around 60 or so shots (I was literally counting the "pews" landing around me..), and I MEAN LITERALLY 60 shots I escaped into the forest.. (btw, nice fail at shooting some guy who is literally in the open with over 60 shots from a sniper and not getting a single hit xD)

[/quote']

Fuck, I know that place. Just some weeks ago same thing happened to me and my 3 friends. Fields are a deathtrap and we found out the hard way.

Also, same exact scenario: Big field on north of Sobor, 2 or more snipers, M107 shots, crazy zigzagging. Well, the only difference is that we didn't survive :P

From that day that on we avoid any kind of fields like a plague. :D

We had raided those military tents earlier in the day, and one of my friends decided he wanted to raid them again. They took a sedan, and I happened to be fairly close to the town in a field, prone, afk for like 5 minutes to get a drink ( I didn't log out ). They actually didn't take any fire while in the tents, but right as they were getting into the car to leave they started taking fire from a sniper. The engine was out on the car, so it ended up exploding.

I spotted a UAZ parked next to a treeline about 200m or so away from me. I didn't have a sniper, but was in a ghillie with an ak-74, so rather than taking shots from that distance, I prone crawled till I was about 30m from the UAZ. I saw there was someone sitting in the passenger sear, either the shooter or his buddy waiting for him to get back.

I unloaded into his face, and SOMEHOW he gets out of the car, takes another couple bullets, collapses then disconnects. I stole his UAZ though, thats what the bitch gets.

I didn't see his name, but there was someone on the server named Stary Sabor sniper. Funny, If I would have seen that guy was in server before they went to raid the tents I would probably have told them not to hah.

Maybe it's time to consider removing sniper rifles from the game... Just a thought.

Maybe it's time to consider removing sniper rifles from the game... Just a thought.

Maybe it's time to sweep perimeters before just wandering into a town. Just a thought.

The entire game is sniper haven. CQC doesn't exist at all past your initial journey to elektro or cherno. You just have to hope you find a sniper rifle before you get sniped.

AND.......

No truer words have been spoken. Very very sad state of affairs as far as this game concerned. I'm glad to see more and more people starting to think like this.

In a civilian based map (with couple LITTLE military out posts), with civilian towns, buildings, houses, hospitals, and farms why are there SO MANY high grade military weapons? Doesn't make senses to the story line and lops the game over to a sniper fest instead of the intended groups trying survive. this is not a sniper training school after all.

I'd take every single sniper rifle out of the game (except a few, they's be a rare gem to find) as well as MOST of the high grade militray assault rifles. In a predominately CIVILIAN world here there should be far more COMMON weapons.

Shot guns, hand guns, few bolt action rifles (iron sites only) and maybe JUST A FEW AK's, M16's, and snipers.

You want to be a cowardly bandit? Well it makes sense since most of them HIDE in a bush 700m's away and shot an unsuspecting innocent survivor LOL. You REALLY want to be a bad ass bandit? Then fukin EARN IT! Come hunt me on foot. Track me as I move house to house for loot. Then kill me. If you can.

I think this would make the mod so much more fun, more realistic, and FAR more cowboy instead of the pussies that are enabled to HIDE like COWARDS... LOL

Really I'm not ranting. This is good informative stuff. I eat bacon. A lot.

Stary and other high loot areas are often camped which is why me and my buds go to them just to kill the snipers (so far each kill has been a bandit XD.)

A couple days ago I was looting tents in Stary, then heard another player hopping around all of a sudden. They must of spawned in a tent. After a short time, they realized I was there and took some shots at me, hitting me once with their Marakov. I pump three slugs into their chest and what happens? They Alt+F4 the hell out. I'm very frustrated with these server hopping/cheating assholes.

I'm 100% with ya trout, when you load a game with oodles of military grade weaponry and more ammo than people know what to do with, it just turns into a frag fest. Bring it back to reality.... put in more weak civ weapons... handguns, shot guns (the double barrel was a great addition, well balanced imo). This shouldn't be freaking spec ops.... it's zombie survival.

I'm 100% with ya trout' date=' when you load a game with oodles of military grade weaponry and more ammo than people know what to do with, it just turns into a frag fest. Bring it back to reality.... put in more weak civ weapons... handguns, shot guns (the double barrel was a great addition, well balanced imo). This shouldn't be freaking spec ops.... it's zombie survival.

[/quote']

I FOOKING KNOW, RIGHT!!?? yes I'm yelling.

Come on Rocket.... COME ON ROCKET!!!... make this the game you wanted it to be and not another Call of..... oh *%#&* me, I can't say it.

I approve of Trout's suggestion. As of right now everyone has at least a friggin' AK. This game should have more civilian shotguns/pistols/repeaters/hunting rifles (not as strong as CZ tho or else it'll be OP) and much less military loot..

I'd love to see a .22 long rage carbine, maybe with a suppressor, that would be awesome.

But to the people whining because "everybody has a sniper", it is untrue. It takes time, farm & luck to find a sniper. Took me a week & many lives to finally get my DMR... Traded it for an AS50 when I found a crashsite with my team (out of total luck).

So, i'd say: More civilian guns, YES! Less military weapons, no! Maybe had more loots spots but lower the loot chances, that'd be good. Now you can get military-grade stuff only by looting Deer stands...

I'd love to see a .22 long rage carbine' date=' maybe with a suppressor, that would be awesome.

But to the people whining because "everybody has a sniper", it is untrue. It takes time, farm & luck to find a sniper. Took me a week & many lives to finally get my DMR... Traded it for an AS50 when I found a crashsite with my team (out of total luck).

So, i'd say: More civilian guns, YES! Less military weapons, no! Maybe had more loots spots but lower the loot chances, that'd be good. Now you can get military-grade stuff only by looting Deer stands...

[/quote']

the fact that everyone in my group has military grade weapons, which were all found the same week, kinda make the whole military weapons are rare kinda wrong. (sa80 "l85", DMR, M249, AS50, m4a1) these were all found without having to kill anyone for them.

lol @ everyone crying about snipers..

You can easily overwatch Stary with an m16 as effectively as with a DMR. COD kids dont like the difficuly of having to actually use their sights, and just go for easy mode...snipeir rifles.

These are the same people that shoot frantically through their scope as you run up on them, showing them what real skill is.

P.S. Veteran ARMA players know what I am talking about, especially those that play ACE

Good way to get a sniper is to sneak up on one in Elek. On almost 50% of the servers I join I hear sniper fire from pine trees, power lines or the north tree line. If you are patient and move in behind, tapping w slowly to eliminate noise, you can usually grab a gun out of their pack and shoot them from behind :D

Even if they kill you when you're close, it's the thrill you get when you're almost touching them that makes it fun. Have done this quite a few times :)

To the post above mine, unfortunatley you are wrong on this matter. DayZ did a good job to thwart a post exactly like yours, Trout. If you haven't noticed yet, there are mass graves of dead soldiers throughout Chernarus, and however civillian the map may appear, there was a significant military presence before the zombie infection struck. Therefore there would have been lots of high grade military weapons on the map, however scattered they may be due to scavengers and so forth.

This game has no set story or plot line so what I just threw out is merely conjecture, but the fact is that there was a significant military presence in the area, therefore there would be some high grade weapons. They aren't going away, so its pointless to complain and petition for their removal. Either stay out of sight, or find a sniper rifle and shoot some people yourself.

lol @ everyone crying about snipers..

You can easily overwatch Stary with an m16 as effectively as with a DMR. COD kids dont like the difficuly of having to actually use their sights' date=' and just go for easy mode...snipeir rifles.

These are the same people that shoot frantically through their scope as you run up on them, showing them what real skill is.

P.S. Veteran ARMA players know what I am talking about, especially those that play ACE

[/quote']

Yeah you can kill people from 800m with an m16. Oh wait.

I MEAN LITERALLY 60 shots I escaped into the forest.. (btw' date=' nice fail at shooting some guy who is literally in the open with over 60 shots from a sniper and not getting a single hit xD)

[/quote']

Before you gloat about how easy of a target you were and how much their aim sucked, you should consider how hard it is to hit a moving target at 700-1000 meters (I don't know which vantage they were sniping from), with of course, a tiny bit of desync/latency added to the mix, and unless the weather was perfectly clear, poor visibility at that range.

A smart target (like yourself) that zig zags in the right direction combined with all those factors is nearly impossible to hit (It can be done, but it's a pain in the ass, and there is usually some/lots of luck involved). Their biggest mistake was wasting so many shots and firing in such quick succession instead of taking the time to line up another attempt at a kill shot before you got out of range/into cover, or simply not being patient and waiting for a clean shot to begin with.

I go out with a spotter and sometimes even a secondary sniper to the Stary area every so often, we have it pre-ranged and scouted, but every now and then people slip by even if you do everything right, and there isn't much you can do about it.

it took me like 2 hours to travel to stary from vysota (this includes me finding 2 ppl at the barn also on the road going to vysota. i killed them both' date=' but the zombies finished me off somehow and i had to regear in order to travel back there). so basically 2 hours just to go to stary to die by some retard camping INSIDE one of the tents for all eternity.

[/quote']

First off, it doesn't take 2 hours just to go to Stary; so you didn't just run to stary for 2 hours, you were doing other things. So basically you just died in Stary. Good for you.

You were probably marked long before, and had no idea.

Maybe it's time to sweep perimeters before just wandering into a town. Just a thought.

perimeters can be up to 1800m away. that's not realistic, doesn't account for server hoppers and you know it. its a complete nonresponse.

I'm proud be that sniper in Stary Sobor. You might not see me, but I'm there. Always... For now...

perimeters can be up to 1800m away. that's not realistic' date=' doesn't account for server hoppers and you know it. its a complete nonresponse.

[/quote']

More complete crap. The farther you are away from your mark, the smaller window for a shot there is. It is very easy to know where a sniper might be able to shoot you. Sweep ahead of time, avoid or keep cover against those places you haven't checked, zig zag & keep moving in places where you can be sniped from "1800m."

It is literally impossible to land a shot from 1.8km on some one moving erratically, so don't give me that bullshit.

I've never had any issues at the Stary tents. I've been killed in Stary after attracting a shit load of zombies along with a group of 3 players further in town, but never on those tents. I always find sweet gear in them too.