Sign in to follow this  
TragicEnd

With so many exploits I cant have a private server DB?...or Single Player?

And hawk, you can make cute comments all you want but it doesnt change the fact that sitting ontop of a building sniping people at random is a pretty deathmatch/Cod fan thing to do

"Sandbox"

Rings a bell?

If people want to spend their time sniping people in their face then that's their choice

It's up to you to either counter-snipe them or evade them altogether

This is not connected to any other game or fanbase

Again, mentioning CoD as "argument" just makes you look like a retard, because you lack any actual argument

6500000 survival attempts

PvP has caused < 1500000 deaths ( < 1100000 murders and < 300000 bandit kills)

PvE has killed > 5000000 players

Does this stat include players spam respawning to get a good spawn location?

i don't think so... i know the average survival time only accounts for lives over like five minutes or something.

and on the subject of numbers, unless i am misinterpreting the information on the day z homepage, and i have screwed up my math, 20.07% of all survival attempts (which i assume means characters that did not succeed in surviving, correct me if i'm wrong on this) have ended with a player being killed by another player ((bandit kills + murders)/survival attempts * 100). but based on above assumption, that doesn't count instant spawn kills.

I find it incredibly hard to believe that people are bad enough to die to zombies 80% of the time. There's no way it doesn't count respawns.

I find it incredibly hard to believe that people are bad enough to die to zombies 80% of the time. There's no way it doesn't count respawns.

Zombies aren't scary, they're window dressing.

The true fear in this game is other players. It doesn't matter if they're friendly or not.. when you hear that gunshot, or hear another player moving around in the building you're in, the adrenaline starts pumping and your heart starts pounding. That's what this game is all about.. The emotional investment that you make into your character is amazing, and unlike any other game. ever.

If people are dying to zombies, then they're doing it wrong.. I completely understand what coolboy is saying, and I too hope that number includes spawn spamming. ;P

Ok, thats cool. If you all like the way the system is then i'll grab an enfield and start camping some beach...because thats the way the game was meant to be played

Ok' date=' thats cool. If you all like the way the system is then i'll grab an enfield and start camping some beach...because thats the way the game was meant to be played

[/quote']

"Just because I did not script rules, doesn't stop anyone from making their own in game.

Are people so used to games shoving rules, tasks, stories down their throats that they can't handle it when something doesn't? Or would you like a world where the players actually get to do this? Not a structured and controlled environment that is "dressed up" as post-apocalyptic?

I hear what everyone is saying, and yes - its cruel and unsporting when you get killed 10 seconds into the game. But that's what this is, it is brutal, it is cruel. This is not fair. Maybe you will hate this game. Maybe you already do. It is an unforgiving environment with no structure. It is up to you to decide what to do next.

I would rather let the project die (and maybe it will, I accept that) than take over the role of establishing rules and punishments and structure. Instead I am going to work on the world's framework. It is up to the inhabitants of that world, you guys, to decide what kind of world you want it to be.

Is this actually possible? Fuck knows. But I really want to find out, and I've got nothing at all to loose. And to be honest, neither have you because you haven't paid me a cent and I haven't been paid a single cent for any of this.

So here's the challenge - just take a moment and think about what you are asking me for, with alot of these requests. Balancing, structure, rules, protection. These are what the game industry has shoved in your face for the last twenty years. Even the game industry itself can't escape it. EVE-Online tried briefly but caved in. Why? Money. They needed subscribers.

I don't.

This is going all the way, to whatever end that is."

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=588&pid=7100#pid7100

I feel the need to say this.

This game isn't anything like Call of Duty. If it was, there would be people quick scoping, no scoping, 360 quick scoping everyone.

Yeah, you can call it becoming a death match game, but calling it Call of Duty is silly because Call of Duty is pass that silliness.

At least the players that do snipe in this game does what an actual sniper would do in real life, they camp a spot and provide cover or just camp a spot to get rid of all threats. Call of Duty is just running around quick scoping everyone.

I believe Rocket does plan on adding Single Player, but he first wants to make the mod have no bugs before continuing on with Single Player. I believe.