Riddick_2K

Plants no longer grow

Hello everyone.
I just tried a run on an official vanilla server with this new 1.12.
In that server I made a base and had also grown tomatoes and pumpkins, but immediately after the spawn I saw that they all disappeared. Some plots around the neighboring town that someone else had planted are also empty. There is the excavation with 9 pitches but no plants.
I tried replanting them and waiting for the rain (it always worked) but there was nothing on the way back. I tried to get them wet, but the water doesn't even accept me, just a light splash from the bottle, but then the animation immediately freezes.
I waited a little longer but he doesn't want to grow anything
Does it happen to you too?
Any suggestions ?

OK ... I discovered the problem with the plants. They simply grow, wither, die and disappear all within 1 or 2 hours.
Another one of the many bullshit these programmers have done to ruin this game.
I've never seen such a thing, and I'm more surprised that I haven't read anything about it yet ...
Nobody who plants vegetables?
All alone looking for weapons to exterminate each other?
Or are plantations used only in modded servers?
I play on official servers and have been building a small gated base lately. Inside I cultivated a little and everything worked as it should. How as in reality happens (more or less). You dig the earth, you put the seed, you water (or you wait for the rain: on Cernarus it almost always rains) and you wait for the plant to grow ... when it has grown you reap the fruits. And the plant continues to live and bear fruit, like ALL normal crops. In case you have to fight with pests and diseases, but NOT with "ghost plants".
I really hope it's a bug, otherwise it's just another evidence of how much BI programmers hate this game or the players who use it.
😞
If I don't find it already done, as soon as I have some time, I'll open a ticket on purpose ... and let's see the answer.

I totally agree with you.

They should revert the gardening back to the way it was or at least if they're going to make us wait an hour to grow the fruits, They should never despawn only deteriorate after a few days without getting watered or catered to.

The 'lifespan' of plants is probably regulated by some variable somewhere in the system, most likely in the 'types.xml' file on the server side, just like the 'friendliness' level between zombies and predators (wolves and bears).  Here is an example of one of the plants in the types.xml file:

<type name="Plant_Pepper">
        <nominal>0</nominal>
        <lifetime>28800</lifetime>
        <restock>0</restock>
        <min>0</min>
        <quantmin>-1</quantmin>
        <quantmax>-1</quantmax>
        <cost>100</cost>
        <flags count_in_cargo="0" count_in_hoarder="0" count_in_map="1" count_in_player="0" crafted="1" deloot="0"/>
        <category name="tools"/>
</type>

The 'lifespan' parameter limits the life of this plant to 28800 seconds = 8 hours (of gameplay time, not in-game time).  If you want more time, you can increase this parameter to whatever amount of time (say, for example, 72 hours = 259200 seconds).  Of course, you need to have to get whoever administers the server side to do this for you.

Edited by SwissArmy1984