Sign in to follow this  
alfcrippinjr

is this still active

before buying this game is it still supported on the ps4 and will it get new updates.

does it have server wipes at end of each month.

which is a total con.

is the world empty no zombies in the game as i read they remove them,

also what happen to the patch which was suppose to let you play offline play.

and is this a game that you need to eat and drink all the time.

I have listed the answers to your question below in bold and red:

before buying this game is it still supported on the ps4 and will it get new updates.

- Yes.  The game is still supported on PS4.

does it have server wipes at end of each month.

- No, but they recently announced that server wipes may come with each new update.  .....so instead of every month, perhaps once every 3 months or more.  In fact, they just had one for the first time in many months that I can recall.  .....and I believe it was more out of necessity due to the changes. 

which is a total con.

- That's debatable as many have requested BI to have them at least periodically which I'm sure led to their decision to do them with the updates going forward.

is the world empty no zombies in the game as i read they remove them

- Where did you read that? No, there are and have always been zombies or "infected" as they are called in the game. The only way to play the game without them (barring any glitches / problems) is to rent your own server and modify the files to exclude them.  

also what happen to the patch which was suppose to let you play offline play.

-  What patch for solo play? This is the first I've heard of it.  DayZ is multiplayer only.  However, again, if you rent a server you can dictate who plays on it.  ......so if you were so inclined, you could play in the game by yourself.  I rent one and it's just my close friends and I who are on it.  We play it as a PvE and if we want, we can hop on a public server and do PvPvE.

and is this a game that you need to eat and drink all the time.

- Yes and if you're not careful, you can get sick from drinking from tainted sources or not washing your hands after handling meat, etc.  It's a hard core survival game based off of a hardcore, milsim title called ARMA 2.  It was a mod and then eventually turned into a stand-alone game.  ....so yeah, DayZ is as about as hardcore as you're going to get and with that, a lot of things that many will see as mundane tasks just to survive. 

Sounds like you're not too familiar with DayZ.  I'd watch some beginner tutorials on YT before pulling the trigger.  This game is not for everyone and unless you're already into some of the other hardcore survival games and like that kind of thing, you may want to pass.

Edited by Kean__1
  • Beans 1