Sign in to follow this  
amudkipz

Item damage when killing players

Maybe to help reduce player killing there could be a chance that by killing a player there is a chance the stuff they're carrying will become defective and unusable.

It should be more profitable to rob someone and then kill or let them go. Remove the mechanic giving bandits a 100% gaurenteed loot drop. Any weapon would easily disable or destroy items like cans, magazines, compasses, watches, bloodbags, morphine etc. It would be even better if bandits knew what they lost by adding a [destroyed] tag to items they broke while killing someone. The current system only encourages people to be bandits, maybe if people knew they destroyed a can of beans and ammo for their favorite gun they might reconsider being a bandit. Basically it would give a reason to not shoot on sight and loot the body.

I honestly do not like that idea. Sure weapons get worn and torn, but not very quick at all.

It's supposed to be "realistic".

I honestly do not like that idea. Sure weapons get worn and torn' date=' but not very quick at all.

It's supposed to be "realistic".

[/quote']

If you even read what I wrote you would understand I meant that by shooting some noob in the chest you would probably destroy the backpack he's wearing and many of the items within. players should have to consider that by killing someone, they could damage the items that person carries.

I suggested a similar thing a few days back. No one payed any attention. Well some did, about 40 but no replies. So i agree with this. Realisticaly, if you shoot someones bag you are very likely to damage the cans they have or even put a hole in their backpack.

I don't think you understand Bandits. Theyre not after your loot, sure it's a plus but not the point of being a bandit. Bandits are player killers. It's what we do for pvp. If I see you and know even if I can't loot you when I kill you, I'm still going to kill you. A majority of the players that play this game are here for the pvp.

I suggest that when you see another player, you run the other direction. Even with item decay or damage, pvpers will still kill you.

I don't think you understand Bandits. Theyre not after your loot' date=' sure it's a plus but not the point of being a bandit. Bandits are player killers. It's what we do for pvp. If I see you and know even if I can't loot you when I kill you, I'm still going to kill you. A majority of the players that play this game are here for the pvp.

I suggest that when you see another player, you run the other direction. Even with item decay or damage, pvpers will still kill you.

[/quote']

You're not a bandit, you're a dick.

Two HUGE different things.

I don't think you understand Bandits. Theyre not after your loot' date=' sure it's a plus but not the point of being a bandit. Bandits are player killers. It's what we do for pvp. If I see you and know even if I can't loot you when I kill you, I'm still going to kill you. A majority of the players that play this game are here for the pvp.

[/quote']

At least you dont get my can of beans you jerky jerk jerkface.

I don't like these types of suggestions. What realistically would be broken? NVGs if you hit them in the head, or weapon if their weapon was hit, but then why should a leg shot damage equipment?

It's too gamey and not intuitive. Balance PVP? LOL that's no basis for adding this to the game.

Maybe if you shoot the guys weapon it falls apart in his hands? That is something I could support.

Stop thinking about suggestions to stop/slowdown/balance PVP, they're dumb. (And I'm not even a bandit.)

I don't like these types of suggestions. What realistically would be broken? NVGs if you hit them in the head' date=' or weapon if their weapon was hit, but then why should a leg shot damage equipment?

It's too gamey and not intuitive. Balance PVP? LOL that's no basis for adding this to the game.

Maybe if you shoot the guys weapon it falls apart in his hands? That is something I could support.

Stop thinking about suggestions to stop/slowdown/balance PVP, they're dumb. (And I'm not even a bandit.)

[/quote']

In an apocalypse carrying capacity matters meaning cargo pants would be common and filled with gear, the only body part this wouldn't have an impact on is the head maybe you hit the primary weapon on his back while he drinks a coke, all it takes to disable a weapon is to knock a pin out of place or ruin a 50 cent spring. Things like cans become useless once they have a hole in them.

This won't control anything.

Bandits do not kill you to loot your precious beans (unless they need it of course)

They kill you to rustle your jimmies

This won't control anything.

Bandits do not kill you to loot your precious beans (unless they need it of course)

They kill you to rustle your jimmies

true but now they cant get my can of beans (meaning they have to go out and find some themselves)

Than your first 6 words - "Maybe to help reduce player killing..." - are a little misleading then isn't it? :P

Besides, why would I steal your beans when there is a nice tasty cow/goat/sheep/pig in the next field? Food isn't exactly the hardest thing to come by in this game

I don't think anyone kills for getting items. They kill just to not get shooted first (or worse, fur fun -majority of cases-).

That's the Truth.

If i could, I avoid enemies (ops, survivors), but still have an eye on them. If i only suspect he has spotted me, "boom Headshot" and bye bye, nothing personal. Only once i got to kill somebody for loot (bandages :D).

I don't care of loot.

Even perfect equipped players kills, they even camp outside stary or nw airfield just to snipe you with their thermal gun and NVG, they dont give a quack of your gear.

I don't think this will increase realism, since only few items are damageble (i can still eat a can with some holes), it would be fun to see what happens if youy destroy a jerry can.

A M16 round is 5.56mm wide. The chances of that hitting a morphine injector when aiming at the center of mass is pretty much nil. Besides, a can won't implode if a light round hits it. You can still save maybe 50% of the food, depending on the type. Now if a 7.62 AK47 round hits it, THAT will probably render it useless.So what you ripe a huge-ass hole in his bag, the majority of the stuff is still usable.

I don't like these types of suggestions. What realistically would be broken? NVGs if you hit them in the head' date=' or weapon if their weapon was hit, but then why should a leg shot damage equipment?

[/quote']

In an apocalypse carrying capacity matters meaning cargo pants would be common and filled with gear, the only body part this wouldn't have an impact on is the head maybe you hit the primary weapon on his back while he drinks a coke, all it takes to disable a weapon is to knock a pin out of place or ruin a 50 cent spring. Things like cans become useless once they have a hole in them.

It isn't like if you nick a weapon it completely falls apart. An AK47 can take quite a bit of punishment before becoming inoperable. And if your shooting at someone and you're aiming at their gun, you're a dumbass. Period. Center of mass, baby.