Sign in to follow this  
aimlock.exe

Animations

Is it even possible to create your own animations in Dayz? Faced a problem that in Dayz there is no animation of weapons with the bullpup system. Is it possible for modders to create their own animations at all in Dayz? And if possible, where can I get the documentation?

As far as I can tell not with weapons.  I just spent hours testing and rewriting model.cfg for a custom weapon, no matter what changes I made the same bolt action was applied.  Then I found this from Feb. 2019 (and it seems to have taken them two months to not fully answer the question):  

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T137211

Q:  "seems currently that model animations for weapons in model.cfg refuse to get used and some sort of preset gets applied instead."

A:  "The custom animation entries in model.cfg do not work properly as we do not use them / support them for the weapons with the current animation engine."  and "As for animation modding in general - we are quite aware that it is far from optimal at the moment, but all I can say now is that we are looking into what we can do about it."

That was nearly two years ago.