Sign in to follow this  
-Cdn-Chard

Rocket: Please Fix All Exploits as soon as you can and then RESET EVERYONE'S GEAR

This is alpha, things will be reset eventually

It's an alpha dood. I'm sure when we move to beta...and eventually launch there will be a wipe. Makes no sense to do it now cause you'll not be able to test a lot of content until people find it again.

I totally agree, but perhaps part of the Alpha testing involves seeing how tweaks to the loot spawn rates impact gameplay, and the only way to do that is to do a gear wipe and let the game run on. After all spawn rates are a major variable in this game.

Also, with exception of the custom DayZ objects like cans, winchesters, crossbows, axes, etc.. most of the military gear people has already thoroughly tested by Bohemian Interactive as part of their ARMA releases. Just saying...

I agree with you man every major patch should include a complete wipe... like 1.7.1 and the future 1.7.2. Everyone should be fresh off the beaches.

Under the right settings ie a closed alpha to a select community then sure reset it all. But people are treating this as a legit game now & investing what they see as game time rather than testing time. <- I say no purely to the amount of whining that would occur

& Coolboynaked is right, everyone dies at some point or another. Be it the barrel of a glitch or hatchet. What percent of the community hasnt spawned since the removal of the stating gear?

Chard' pid='256465' dateline='1341531996']

It's an alpha dood. I'm sure when we move to beta...and eventually launch there will be a wipe. Makes no sense to do it now cause you'll not be able to test a lot of content until people find it again.

I totally agree' date=' but perhaps part of the Alpha testing involves seeing how tweaks to the loot spawn rates impact gameplay, and the only way to do that is to do a gear wipe and let the game run on. After all spawn rates are a major variable in this game.

Also, with exception of the custom DayZ objects like cans, winchesters, crossbows, axes, etc.. most of the military gear people has already thoroughly tested by Bohemian Interactive as part of their ARMA releases. Just saying...

[/quote']

To be honest i was bemused when there wasn't resets on a few of the patches. Like the removal of firearms on start, How can you properly test that when every character still alive has scoped rifles? :huh: Also if theres any major changes to loot tables/system i'd expect a reset.

Guess resets never came due to the attitude shown in this thread, too many 'players' gaming with their own interests first, and not enough 'testers'. It is Alpha after all. :angel:

Yeah, Rocket you suck!! Why haven't you pressed the "Fix Bugs" and "Create Anti-cheat" buttons yet? Or are you using really bad software, to program in?

Also, I would suggest growing 2 more arms, so you can program twice as fast.

First off, tip of the hat to the OP here for keeping his cool and shrugging off the flaming retard brigade.

Secondly, I know that they want to deal with the exploits as they can, and some of the issues causing them are deep rooted.

Lastly, yes. I agree that a gear reset is in order when the powers that be feel that they have gotten the duplication bugs out.

I would guess a huge percentage of gear out there, even if in innocent hands, is from duping.

First off' date=' tip of the hat to the OP here for keeping his cool and shrugging off the flaming retard brigade.

[/quote']

Agreed. the mindset of purposely missing the point just to post abuse is strong on this forum.

Chard' pid='255977' dateline='1341526763']

I'm all for cleaning up the game as is stands today. Too many players are taking advantage of many of the shortcomings of the ARMA engine and meta-gaming...

All of the problems have been well discussed..

- Disconnecting to under duress

- Duplicating Items

- Loot Farming

- Server Hopping

- Wire barriers

- Various minor game mechanics..

If/when you can do these in one fell swoop' date=' and have found a way to ensure the above issues have been resolved, please reset the equipment of all characters in the hive back to basic loadouts.

That way we can all start on a level playing field and not continue to get an unfair advantage by using gear that may have been illegally gained (either directly or indirectly).

Just an idea...

[/quote']

There's that word 'fair' again.

Every dog has his day dude. Why reset everything so all players are on a 'level footing'... This is a survival game in a military simulation. I enjoy realism and authenticity over balance in a simulation such as this; if i wanted balanced gameplay - any reasonably made arcade game would do.

However, server hopping and barbed wire fencing needs resolved - asap. It's a detrimental experience within DayZ

As an 'Alpha', it should really just be expected that they'll be gear/vehicle/tent/character wipes in the future. Expect it, learn to play around it, don't get angry about it.