Sign in to follow this  
-Cdn-Chard

Rocket: Please Fix All Exploits as soon as you can and then RESET EVERYONE'S GEAR

I'm all for cleaning up the game as is stands today. Too many players are taking advantage of many of the shortcomings of the ARMA engine and meta-gaming...

All of the problems have been well discussed..

- Disconnecting to under duress

- Duplicating Items

- Loot Farming

- Server Hopping

- Wire barriers

- Various minor game mechanics..

If/when you can do these in one fell swoop, and have found a way to ensure the above issues have been resolved, please reset the equipment of all characters in the hive back to basic loadouts.

That way we can all start on a level playing field and not continue to get an unfair advantage by using gear that may have been illegally gained (either directly or indirectly).

Just an idea...

Chard' pid='255977' dateline='1341526763']

I'm all for cleaning up the game as is stands today. Too many players are taking advantage of many of the shortcomings of the ARMA engine and meta-gaming...

- Duplicating Items

- Loot Farming

- Server Hopping

- Wire barriers

If/when you can do these in one fell swoop' date=' and have found a way to ensure the above issues have been resolved, please reset the equipment of all characters in the hive back to basic loadouts.

That way we can all start on a level playing field and not continue to get an unfair advantage by using gear that may have been illegally gained (either directly or indirectly).

Just an idea...

[/quote']

Hhhhmmmmmmmmm no........

You act as if it is such an easily solvable issue that has a solution so obvious that Rocket can instantly patch every single problem (and perceived problem) with the magical snap of a finger. Get real man, this game is in Alpha, which is a testing stage to test game mechanics and see how they work. Obviously they're gonna have problems, but only through more Alpha testing (which is going to have its flaws) can they make a final version that's actually good.

If you're so smart and demanding, why don't you come up with a solution rather than listing obvious problems...

If these exploits are so easy to solve, why hasn't OP downloaded the Arma II mod tools and fixed them himself?

Chard' pid='255977' dateline='1341526763']

- Duplicating Items

- Loot Farming

- Server Hopping

- Wire barriers

If/when you can do these in one fell swoop' date=' and have found a way to ensure the above issues have been resolved, please reset the equipment of all characters in the hive back to basic loadouts.

Just an idea...

[/quote']

So first off, you think he can just fix every exploit with the push of some super secret fix button, at least that's what i'm gathering from your list.

Secondly, you want to punish all of the players for the misdeeds of the few. That's a negative ghostrider.

Oh, and shame on you for the triple exclamation points in the title. it forced me to stereotypically think you've got to be 12.

Oh yeah, I forgot. So If reset actually happened, do you think that hackers wouldnt get their stuff back? They are hackers you know. They can hack and get their stuff back.

You act as if it is such an easily solvable issue that has a solution so obvious that Rocket can instantly patch every single problem (and perceived problem) with the magical snap of a finger. Get real man' date=' this game is in Alpha, which is a testing stage to test game mechanics and see how they work. Obviously they're gonna have problems, but only through more Alpha testing (which is going to have its flaws) can they make a final version that's actually good.

If you're so smart and demanding, why don't you come up with a solution rather than listing obvious problems...

[/quote']

I'm not saying I have any of the techincal answers. Rocket's achievement with DayZ is amazing. I tip my hat to him. All I'm asking is that once he figures out, once and for all how to thwart these game ruining exploits, that he simply reset everyone. Let everyone start with basic gear and see how the Alpha testing goes under this new config.

It'll be hard to assess the change if everyone's still running around with whatever high-end swag they've managed to save.

I don't want to lose the gear I've managed to find along the way, through some hair-raising near death experiences. I've got as much to lose as everyone else, but if it means a better overall game experience for everyone, then isn't it worth it?

After all, it's just loot. It'll respawn again. Only this time you'll only be able to get it legitimately and not worry about entering into one-sided combat against well-equipped exploiters.

I don't have the answers.. Only ideas. Some good, some bad...

This is alpha. To be frank I expect frequent inventory wipes as par for the course.

Why did he not think of this before? I'll just pass you're idea on to him, servers should be down soon for about 1 hour, and all exploits will be gone.

Kiss my ass. I've worked hard to get my gear, how about he resets your gear.

Hey Rawket my gear sux but others have good stuff pls reset!!!

Funny how it's always the failures who die a lot that come on the forum demanding everyone be reset.

I've managed to survive almost 40 days and crossed the map a dozen times playing my way. I've got all the gear I need to take on most players and have been playing OFP and Arma for a dozen years or so' date=' so I've got the skills. I've seen many mods and played with many styles and I'm old enough not to need to run and kill everything I see to have a great time on this mod...

When I posted this, I kind of expected a negative reaction from people who see the DayZ end-game as he who has the coolest weapon or the biggest stash of swag.. I just want to quietly survive.

If these exploits are so easy to solve, why hasn't OP downloaded the Arma II mod tools and fixed them himself?

In the dozen years I've played OFP and ARMA, I've done a fair bit of scripting, but I know I'm not in the same class as Rocket and the hackers that are undermining his work. If I could help, I'd certainly offer. I wish the hackers would do the same.

So, in summary for those of you joining in at home: OP doesn't know dick about coding or game design, but for some reason feels justified screaming his demands all over the forum in triple exclamation point caps-lock.

So' date=' in summary for those of you joining in at home: OP doesn't know dick about coding or game design, but for some reason feels justified screaming his demands all over the forum in triple exclamation point caps-lock.

[/quote']

I wasn't aware the triple exclaimations were some for of posting taboo otherwise I would have avoided them. For that I apologize.

I'm definitely not a noob and that's probably evident in my preference to see the game improved rather than just tightening my grip on my swag. Maturity question there. Oh, I know a little coding, and definitely enough to know that the game designers are in a different league. I'm ok with that.

Although I'm not too suprised at the vehement responses, I kind of hoped that the people on these forums would be more interested in helping Rocket TEST his mod than just try to be the baddest dude in the hive.

Oh and Techercizer, you might want to change your signature line, you don't seem to be to open to new ideas anymore...:huh:

Yeah, if I lose my gear that I've obtained through either killing other players or spending the time in high-risk areas, because some backwater idiot demands people reset on the accounts of the minority of people loot cycling/hopping and/or hacking, I'll quit, straight up. The only way I'll let my gear go is if someone outplays me(Fine) or if I bug somehow(Arghh..but I'll allow it since the game is alpha and I can acquire it again with time.)

This is alpha. To be frank I expect frequent inventory wipes as par for the course.

Yep....

Testing long term inventory and storage just wouldn't make any sense.

After all, an alpha is only for testing the first hour's worth of experiences in a game....

Fuck you I worked hard for my gear this is the worst Ide ive ever heard you crying noob. Cry on a different forum. This is horrible

Worked hard? Really? All you've done is sit in front of your computer for a few hours playing a game. A game! Please reserve the phrase "worked hard" for things that actually involve sweat. Lame...

Chard' pid='256337' dateline='1341530526']

Fuck you I worked hard for my gear this is the worst Ide ive ever heard you crying noob. Cry on a different forum. This is horrible

Worked hard? Really? All you've done is sit in front of your computer for a few hours playing a game. A game! Please reserve the phrase "worked hard" for things that actually involve sweat. Lame...

Yea. No one who works in an indoor, air-conditioned environment works hard.....

Thread going full retard.

This is a legitimate suggestion.

He didn't say that Rocket can magically fix all the exploits. He said that if in the future exploits are fixed, it might be a good idea to reset the database so that everyone starts on equal footing.

But I guess all that gear attachement most people seem to struggle with clouds their reading comprehension and sends them into a furious rage at the slightest mention of a reset.

Will players like these make it past the inevitable wipes that are part of alpha/beta testing? I wonder.

While I like the idea in principle, there are a lot of honest people who have obtained their gear fairly who would be unjustly punished for the actions of others. Those who cheat will lose their gear eventually and when measures are put in place to prevent exploiting those individuals will be forced to regain their stuff the hard way like everyone else.

And given that they have to D/C to avoid death I don't expect them to last long once there's a 2 minute log out timer or, even better, are prevented from logging out at all because they're in a combat state.

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=18575

Changelog:

* [FIXED] Infected hear perfectly through objects (noise reduced by 50% through an object)

* [FIXED] Animal bodies despawn way too fast (now despawn automatically after 2 minutes)

* [FIXED] Corrupted update data causes people to spawn in debug forest (now will not save corrupted position data)

* [FIXED] States where animal might stop walking around (now should walk around more)

* [FIXED] Animal AI routines consuming large amounts of FPS (now in line with Infected AI routines, reduced FPS usage)

* [NEW] Player Syncing system replaced (increased performance and ammo quantity tracking)

* [FIXED] Error reports are almost invisible (has now been fixed)

* [FIXED] Daylight calculations causing slight FPS issue

* [NEW] Visibility now smoothly alters based on sun, moon, cloud, rain, and fog state

* [NEW] Aubility now dampened in rain and increased by fog

* [FIXED] Object cleanup causing significant (huge) performance issue on servers (reduced by up to 50%, means more players + zombies possible)

* [FIXED] Use of "allMissionObjects" causing performance issue on clients (new engine command "entities" used to improve FPS on clients)

* [FIXED] Too easy to break legs due to infected (reduced probability of leg damage, reduced amount of leg damage)

* [FIXED] Inspection of dead bodies does not work (fix only applies with ArmA2 Beta 94033 and above)

* [NEW] Exponent driven probability introduced into visibility calculation

* [FIXED] Hatchet/Crowbar requires reloading ( https://dev-heaven.net/issues/34903 )

* [FIXED] Unlimited Wire fence/Sandbag/Tank Trap Bug ( https://dev-heaven.net/issues/34283 )

* [FIXED] Duplication Exploit on object pickup ( https://dev-heaven.net/issues/34031 )

* [FIXED] Not full magazines disappear when you reconnect ( https://dev-heaven.net/issues/33998 )

* [NEW] Set Bear Traps that break player and infected legs, kills animals, when activated

* [NEW] Authentication process streamlined with new ArmA2 Beta commands (publicVariableServer and publicVariableClient)

* [NEW] Authentication for duplicate IDs supportive of the new beta patch (ArmAX users)

A few of those bugs and glitches have been fixed (or attempted to be fixed) in the upcoming update of 1.7.2

It's an alpha dood. I'm sure when we move to beta...and eventually launch there will be a wipe. Makes no sense to do it now cause you'll not be able to test a lot of content until people find it again.

This is a legitimate suggestion.

He didn't say that Rocket can magically fix all the exploits. He said that if in the future exploits are fixed' date=' it might be a good idea to reset the database so that everyone starts on equal footing.

But I guess all that gear attachement most people seem to struggle with clouds their reading comprehension and sends them into a furious rage at the slightest mention of a reset.

Will players like these make it past the inevitable wipes that are part of alpha/beta testing? I wonder.

[/quote']

While I like the idea in principle' date=' there are a lot of honest people who have obtained their gear fairly who would be unjustly punished for the actions of others. Those who cheat will lose their gear eventually and when measures are put in place to prevent exploiting those individuals will be forced to regain their stuff the hard way like everyone else.

And given that they have to D/C to avoid death I don't expect them to last long once there's a 2 minute log out timer or, even better, are prevented from logging out at all because they're in a combat state.

[/quote']

Thanks for the support guys...

Rocket's got his hands full making this amazing game even better by plugging up the holes that have allowed for some of the poor gameplay I think we can all agree happens.

I hate the idea of losing my hard won DMR, Mk48 and G17, but I'll die eventually, so no big deal. For me the big loss willbe a character that's managed to live almost 40 days, and that includes after a accidental swim that cost me all of my precious gear and left me with only a pistol.

Honestly, I don't have the server stats so I can't do the analysis properly, but it feels like there are way more high end objects floating around than their miniscule spawn chances warrant. Yes, people will die, but their gear will still be in circulation if someone manages to loot them. That's all I was originally suggesting we try to fix.

So much anger...