Kotae

Crossbow Hunting (Very Important)

I wanted to play a play though where I go player hunting with only a cross bow. I was wondering if anybody else have done this and could help a fellow bandit out. How a crossbow works, etc Anything that could help me out be successful as a bandit that only uses crossbows. Thanks for the help.:)

Not the best thing for player killing, but remember that when you aim down the ironsights the bolt goes just above where the aim is, they aren't really efficient due to the fact that 1 shot = 1 slot.

Although it is a nice, silent alternative

Thanks Aftershock that is really useful!! :D

1. its getting rly hard

2. u need to be very close (effective range is 30m ... akm for example is 400m (source: wiki))

3. iron sight is weird, u need to aim under the point where u want to hit

4. another weapon in the backpack is not comfortable, because your bolts needs a lot of space

5. prepare do die because u see someone 200m away but didnt hit him with your first shot ...

I wonder would staying in a compacted city help, with the distance problem?

it would help, because u would be able to shoot ... but otherweise, u are still in a bad position, even if u hit with every shot just because of the lack u cant shoot thorugh windows (... or i think u cant. i would be very suprised if u could)

Very Important? Ha.

Shit aiming.

Very common.

Bolts don't stack.

Currently, it's a niche weapon, slightly better than going "all axe".

Thanks for advice everyone and disgraced I didn't want info on how bad a crossbow is, but I want how I can be a effective bandit using a crossbow.

Well you have to head shot basically, the reload cycle after each shot is such that if you don't kill them on the first shot you're dead.

So get lots of practice hitting small targets at various ranges from 5-20m... then go stalk some unsuspecting victims.. and good luck!

Well, this seems quite interresting..

Remember to Zero the crossbow before shooting, that will greatly improve the accuracy of the crossbow.

You do not necessarily need a non permanent marker, but just some training!

Good Luck!

How do you zero it out

If you watch the video that was linked it is explained. Basically' date=' point at a wall, fire bolt, place a mark on your screen were the bolt landed. A long time competitive FPS player I know recommended using a small dot of Blu-Tack in the centre of the screen for doing accurate no scope shots in other games.

Where do you even GET a cross bow anyways.

I've seen a couple inside farming areas, particularly the large two story barn structure.