grounds4divorce

same IP problems, two different CD keys

Me and my brother have two steam copies of the game and both use six launcher. We cannot play in the same server and every time one of us joins any server we play the same game, same character. Before anyone says it, yes we tried to change ports on both computers; changing them through options in six launcher only gave us a "waiting for host" screen indefinitely, changing the port through the steam library did not solve any problems or change anything at all, although the game worked. We can play at the same time, but as I said our characters are linked. I've read numerous topics who have had the same problem and some were simply solved and others were not, is there anything else to do? We were going to try to change the IP address but correct me if I'm wrong but thats attached to the router not individual computers? I dunno we were really hoping to play together and two days later we are still no closer to solving this. Thanks in advance.

I hear you man. HUGE pain in the ass. Me and my GF are trying to do the same thing and nothing has helped yet. Really frustrating that my GF wasted $30 to play with me.

Have you tried creating two new profiles ? i know of lots of people who play on the same internet connection and it works just fine

Have you tried creating two new profiles ? i know of lots of people who play on the same internet connection and it works just fine

Yeah. Tried that and still no luck.

Ok the problem just corrected itself. Very weird. Signed in later and this time I was able to start a new character. Sorry I can't help more, all I can suggest is maybe just change the port from steam and not the launcher. Good luck!

Playing with my Lady on the same external IP,too.

All we did was change the port via Steam on my Machine and it works flawless

To what did you change your port? I'm having this problem with a friend now aswell, after we had a little LAN at his house we can't connect to the same server anymore.

If we're both using SIX launcher, should we still be changing the port on steam? If so how do I even go about that?

To what did you change your port? I'm having this problem with a friend now aswell' date=' after we had a little LAN at his house we can't connect to the same server anymore.

[/quote']

I am using 27016,try it and report back.

Note: I use static IP's in my LAN and opened that Port on my Router

If we're both using SIX launcher' date=' should we still be changing the port on steam? If so how do I even go about that?

[/quote']

I don't think it would make sense to change Ports on Steam IF you are launching the game trough Six-Updater,because in that case you are not using Steam.

To what did you change your port? I'm having this problem with a friend now aswell' date=' after we had a little LAN at his house we can't connect to the same server anymore.

[/quote']

I am using 27016,try it and report back.

Note: I use static IP's in my LAN and opened that Port on my Router

I actually changed it to -port=2310 and it now works. Thank you anyways :)

If we're both using SIX launcher' date=' should we still be changing the port on steam? If so how do I even go about that?

[/quote']

I suggest you drop using Sixlauncher and just bind your arma 2 beta patch to steam so you can actually launch it.

SIX Launcher is the way only to get the game working. I either get "bad server rejected connection" if I run through Combined Ops on steam, or some bullshit about chernarus being deleted if I use the OA beta patch.exe in the OA folder. (I also added the -=@dayz mod command line or whatever its called as well)

I guess there is no way for us to play together.

no links for dayz forums r working? iv searched and cant find the answer, we are trying to use 2 computers on 1 router (both seperate keys) and it doesnt work, says ping is ridiculousley high and beleive this is down to the ports. we use six launcher, what do i have to find and modify to allow it to work? we dont use steam

pls help

daz