Sign in to follow this  
supernick

Dayz on ps5

which future when ps5 coming out?

1) massive gameplay and graphic improvements

2) same dayz of these days, but hey, still loving and playing it

3) over, dayz will not running on ps5 

Edited by supernick

don't be scared: bought a ps5, installed the game, installed latest patch, and found a new character on the main screen.

Don't worry just go on, load a server, and magically old character back on life

@supernick

So, now that you've had the chance to play around with the game on PS5, what improvements or problems can you share?

Hi.
I'm playing in PS5 and continues as in PS4, I do not notice any change.
ps: sorry for my English I use a translator.

No problem.  I'm hearing mixed experiences from folks.  I watched a few videos from some who were having lag / stutter issues and have noted huge improvements with their PS5s in that respect.  

Hi, if I play alone I don't have so many stops but when I'm with friends who have ps4 it's crazy, what I have is a lot of problems with the servers it throws me out and gives me an unknown error.
greeting

PD: if I have a moment I'll put a video for you

Edited by tuco330

It's funny that you mention that and I know it's going to be a "YMMV" kind of thing, but I was watching a video today where a guy was playing on his PS5 alongside a friend with a PS4.  

His PS4 friend was reporting lag and you could even see his character stutter but the gameplay for the PS5 player was silky smooth by comparison.  Something else worth noting is that when my friend and I play on my server (both PS4s) he experiences lag while driving to the extent where he can only travel around 20KPH most times for fear of freezing and crashing.  I used to but no longer do when I bought an external SSD.  All other issues with lag in towns, etc. we share though.  

Good, today after updating the change in the game I grabbed incredible playing a few hours 0 stuttering problems, in car average speed of 100KPH no freezing, both in official server and in my server.

I finally decide to install the game in the ps5 internal ssd and the change has been great.🤤

Been playing for few hours, so i can tell only that loading character is faster than ps4, the graphic is the same, no surprise. Zero bug and crash but also zero player meeting so.......

P.s. a little bug: each time i run the game i don't find my main character but a random one, of course if i play my character back on world so don't worry

Edited by supernick

Thanks Nick.  

btw, I noticed the random character thing too.  Had me worried the first time.  I thought I lost my save.  

Yeah, I didn't expect the graphics would change but I am anticipating a smoother frame rate and less lag / stuttering in the gameplay.  I have been watching more videos on PS5 gameplay and while it appears DayZ is currently capped at 30 FPS, there were a couple YT'ers who were showing consistent frame rates with barely any drops more than a 2 or so FPS under that cap.  

Sure, I'd love the FPS to be uncapped at some point but I'll settle for 30 FPS if it means I don't get the drastic dips I do now from time to time.

fyi....   

I finally was able to order a PS5 directly from the PS store.  Once it gets here, I'll give my impression of the DayZ gameplay on it.  

I know we are capped at 30 FPS but as long as it's a consistent 30 FPS, I'll be happy.  .....but IMO BI should make the necessary changes to raise that up to 60 or at least uncap it as that is a feature of the backward compatibility they could take advantage of if they wanted to.  I have doubts they will though.

Hello, I have played on ps5 since November 19, I give up the game and servers closed, I do not get angry anymore when they want to solve it I will play, I do not waste time anymore.

3 hours ago, tuco330 said:

Hello, I have played on ps5 since November 19, I give up the game and servers closed, I do not get angry anymore when they want to solve it I will play, I do not waste time anymore.

I still play and still rent a server.  This was more of an update for anyone who is interested.  

I also have taken time off from the game myself but have come back from time to time.  Lately, things have been running well enough for us so I've been keeping up with it.  If the PS5 improves the performance like I've seen that it has for many others (framerate stability, etc.), then that will breathe even more life into it for me.

• Thanks 1

The first days of the update the game ran well after as always, freezes, jerks, performance drops, it is a shame it is the game that I have played the most hours. I do not waste time anymore, they update many games from ps4 to ps5, you will see.

ps: you will enjoy the ps5 a lot, the change is spectacular.

Yeah.....  I had a few hours to play DayZ last night on my PS5.  

Huge difference and while the frame rate is capped at 30 FPS, it's very consistent at that limit.  .....smooth.  That in itself makes a world of difference in the gameplay.  The stutters, etc. that I was experiencing on the PS4 are essentially gone.  I can actually drive in 3rd person now with far fewer problems.  Targets are easier to line up, etc. simply because the frame rate isn't dropping like it used to.

Loading into sessions is very quick as is rendering.  The bugs are still there but I haven't been running into the glitches that were performance related.  It's been great so far. 

PS5 gameplay is so much better but I'm still getting massive lag spikes when driving. Weird thing is that it's not just in the citys. It happens everywhere for me. 

Still stutters and lags when driving but have noticed minor improvements here and have had the occasional game crash. Game loads a bit faster for a plus but haven't noticed much else.