Sign in to follow this  
Robzom11

Repetitive Zombie Reactions & Hitting Bug

I don't know about you but zombie screams really piss me off (i need a therapist). They have a few screams that they use and always flail their arms like a vampire, it would be nice to see more variety. A few examples; maybe some zombies don't flail their arms like a vampire or others simply don't emit a scream until they start hitting you (could lead to interesting experiences especially at night) also would like to see some just make little to no noise walking around (besides footsteps obviously). This would be a really nice Qol improvement in my opinion as currently zombies basically do the same thing everytime and this leads to very annoying, repetitive and dulled interaction between them and the player. 

Another thing is the zombies not being able to hit you when you're jogging. Pretty sure this isn't intentional but either way it really takes away from any sense of pressure zombies could give you when you're able to just continue as if there isn't a flesh eating monster or monsters behind you.. Maybe there could be some variety there aswell with some zeds being able to keep up and others that fall behind maybe even ones that just stumble. 

My overall problem is zombies are just to basic and feel like you hear, see and do the same thing everytime you deal with them and it just becomes a mundane obstacle that you do over and over and over again.

Hopefully this somehow gets to the eyes of a dev because I'm not sure how many more zombie screams & vampire arms i can handle.

Edited by Robzom11
Title change
  • Like 1

Infected could really use some polish. Imagine being tackled by one and having to fight them off you? Their attacks are very bland in nature and they still clip through player models at times. I dream of the day when an actual kill animation will be present. It has to be situationally fluid and not unnecessarily theatrical. Axes embedding themselves into a skull, a knife through the eye, head severed by machete or sword, a slice of the throat from behind with silence and extreme prejudice...

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, EzyStriderPS4 said:

Infected could really use some polish. Imagine being tackled by one and having to fight them off you? Their attacks are very bland in nature and they still clip through player models at times. I dream of the day when an actual kill animation will be present. It has to be situationally fluid and not unnecessarily theatrical. Axes embedding themselves into a skull, a knife through the eye, head severed by machete or sword, a slice of the throat from behind with silence and extreme prejudice...

man I'd love those kill animations in dayz. the sneak attack especially.

On 9/6/2020 at 7:59 AM, EzyStriderPS4 said:

I like the tackle idea, would take some animation work though. My thought before was just a simple grab mechanic to make trapping large amounts of zombies obsolete. Kind of a big reason why zombies aren't a threat imo, you just run in a shelter and run past them and close the door, pretty lame.

As for kill animations i wonder if it's even possible in dayz, probably would take alot of animation work to do it for every weapon, to my understanding creating animations is expensive unless you have your own equipment and studio for it (which is also expensive to get).

Edited by Robzom11

if they added a chance when a zombie hits you to give you a disease that stops you from regenirating blood , that would add to the fear factor of the zombies.
but i also do agree that the zombie sounds are just too repatative, always the same sound/noise and it realy makes this awkward Vampire stance when it aggroes, instead of just moving in your direction like it should. 
ive seen some good zombie interaction when i throw items they tend to find you and attack you and thus leads to less vampire stance BS. 

16 hours ago, Aruze said:

if they added a chance when a zombie hits you to give you a disease that stops you from regenirating blood , that would add to the fear factor of the zombies.
but i also do agree that the zombie sounds are just too repatative, always the same sound/noise and it realy makes this awkward Vampire stance when it aggroes, instead of just moving in your direction like it should. 
ive seen some good zombie interaction when i throw items they tend to find you and attack you and thus leads to less vampire stance BS. 

do you play on ps4?