pttg

Empty Cans/ Bottles useful?

So I killed a couple zombies and after looting them for a while I came up with two empty tin cans and an empty whiskey bottle. Can they be used for anything, or are they merely for RPing as a hobo?

You can throw them to distract zombies. They really come in handy every once in a while.

As BobDa said, they can be used to draw the attention of zombies away from you or a place you want to go.

For that reason, I usually carry an empty bottle or can with me at all times.

On a side note, smoke grenades also have this effect, but are also useful for hiding from and disorienting other players.

Worst case scenario, you throw them at one of your buddies and his body goes back and forth like a see-saw for a few seconds.

Hmm. This could be a nice little 'tide turner' for when you're hiding, and you see another player trying desperately to avoid a swarm... Imagine the hilarity as they're proning it through the grass, with a zed shambling in the other direction, when you toss your bottle towards them, and the zed TURNS...

:D

TKJ

The first time you go into shock' date=' the next time you actually can break limbs.[/quote']

From a tin can? Oh my god, NERF TIN CANS! They're overpowered! LOL.

TKJ

I'm not even kidding, DayZ should be renamed to "EVERYTHING BREAKS YOUR FUCKING LIMBS" You've heard stories of people just running and breaking their legs and falling face first into the ground? I've had stories and witnessed people going prone underneath beds and snapping their legs, going prone under a tree and dieing within five seconds of bleeding and bone breaking, laying on a rock, etc...

And now tin cans, dear god. Fuck the weapons, throw tin cans.

I was running away from a bandit and went prone, he didn't see me but I broke my leg by going prone in the grass and started bleeding (not sure why). Now I see it wasn't just my bad luck but has happened to others.

You can also break your leg just using a ladder.

I've never had that besides taking out my secondary, remember people either use a primary or don't use a gun at all during ladder climbing.

Hmm. Don't tell the bandits you can kill other players without actually shooting them. You're going to have a whole new player base, dedicated to throwing tin cans at spawn.

TKJ