craigie1874

Cant change xbox controller layout PC

Hi, I have just searched through the threads here to see if anyone else is having similar issues with their Xbox controller in the PC version. 

I reinstalled my Xbox controller and tried to use it in game- I used to do this regular but only for driving as I much prefer KB&M for everything else.

First off I noticed even although I changed the controller settings in game to inverted - it wasn't and wouldn't change unless I inverted the mouse and that's not an option for me as I said I switch back n fourth from controller to KB regular.

The controller works its just the button layout that's wrong, i.e. B changes the gear up as it should but A opens the in game chat feature instead of gear down, to move the car I need to press the left stick forwards instead of the right trigger etc etc etc its all messed up.

Please if anyone can help me out  that would be fantastic. You guys have already helped me with another in game problem I was having- well I wasn't. I was just being err... 'stoopid' but I'm all good with that now.

Now I have the cars I need to be able to drive them confidently and I cant very well with KB&M whereas with the controller I am pretty decent at driving.

BTW this is a new problem - before I took my lill ole break from DZ I used to use my controller no problem at all. If I remember correctly I messed about with controller settings when I was playing Arma3 ( just for vehicles) and its expansions last summer and don't think I have used my controller with any game since- if that helps ID the problem.

Help me DZ forum dudes- you're my only hope! 

Thanks for reading.

Pranged my motor due to terrible KB&M driving skills! 😞

With the kb I am like a kid on day one learning to ride their bike with  the stabilisers off with a controller I am giving it the 'Schumacher' style! Someone please help me.

Im now used to the KB&M with my driving- no way near as confident but I get by. Just as well huh!!