Sign in to follow this  
Alex Graham

DAYZ destroyed by 1.08

This has to be the WORST ever update, this has made the game so unstable that I cannot remain connected to ANY server (Vanilla or modded) for more that 5 minutes, the problem is not my system (unless a Ryzen 9, 2080ti and 64GB ram is not enough to run this), but the I am at the point where I am going to be demanding a refund for the unplayable game that they have made this into. Patch 1.08 should be scrapped and the entire game rewound to 1.07 which ran perfectly. How can you balls this up so much???

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Sometimes I get kicked every 5 minutes, then other times i only get kicked every hour or so. Is this a glitch or do i get kicked because i have lagspikes that make my ping go over the allowed limit from time to time?

I would think that isn't the case, the servers I am trying to play on are EU based and my ping never goes over 40 on them, it's the base game that is at fault and they are already losing a massive amount of the player base because of this...

The server I played on had this problem, but it was due to the mods they were using. Yesterday and  today I got zero game crashes. The problem, if it persists, is on your end.

Yea i have friends that get kicked. They are using Wifi connection while i am using wired. I have no problems so far but this seems to be an issue with people who have wifi. Another thing is devs have limited the required ping to play at 300 to counter foriegn hackers, don't pass 300 ping or the server will kick you automatically.

I haven't gotten really anything except one crash today. But I play on vanilla servers. Sounds to be a community server issue

22 minutes ago, discipled said:

I haven't gotten really anything except one crash today. But I play on vanilla servers. Sounds to be a community server issue

^this

running pretty flawless on official but there seem to be some latency/ ping/ desync issues on community servers.

I noticed that if I get close to an old base with loads of things inside my ping spikes a lot, and sometimes this means a kick. So use this information to get rid of the baser hoarders (from within the game)

Something to keep in mind is this: If a server has a ping limit and a player goes over that limit for even a second, they are kicked. The way it should work is that it checks your ping over a time period and if the average ping is too high, then it kicks you. I'm guessing the way it actually works is a limit of the engine. Also, you really can't complain about how many crashes or kicks you get when you're running servers with tons of mods. That changes the game in ways the devs didn't test or protect against. See if you get the same thing playing vanilla.

Haven't had a real bug since 1.08. I begin to think all the problems I see here and on Steam are linked to community servers and mods.

I play on US servers as I live in the US and I have also been getting kicked every 5 mins or so, sometimes its longer.  If this is something that the devs have done to reduce the hackers from coming in, then ok, but I cant drive a car or party with friends as I get booted due to high ping so often it makes it near impossible for me to do anything but stay in one area, which is boring as F.  I too am I Wi-Fi, so I hope this issue can get fixed or figured out soon, cause the Wi-Fi isnt going anywhere, but DayZ just might if they dont unfuck themselves ricky tick!

On 7/6/2020 at 6:36 AM, Uncle Zed said:

Something to keep in mind is this: If a server has a ping limit and a player goes over that limit for even a second, they are kicked. The way it should work is that it checks your ping over a time period and if the average ping is too high, then it kicks you. I'm guessing the way it actually works is a limit of the engine. Also, you really can't complain about how many crashes or kicks you get when you're running servers with tons of mods. That changes the game in ways the devs didn't test or protect against. See if you get the same thing playing vanilla.

Respectfully, "didn't test or protect against" is a weak argument after they turned around and told us that the mod community would finish the game.

19 minutes ago, Funkmaster Rick said:

Respectfully, "didn't test or protect against" is a weak argument after they turned around and told us that the mod community would finish the game.

It seems the dev team barely tests the vanilla game. I can't imagine they're doing any testing of mods.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Uncle Zed said:

It seems the dev team barely tests the vanilla game. I can't imagine they're doing any testing of mods.

Why should they waste time on testing mods? It's not their fault if it doesn't work, and even if they find some error it would not be within their power to rectify it most of the time, because it is the modder's thing, not theirs.

10 hours ago, SoWeMeetAgain said:

It's not their fault if it doesn't work, and even if they find some error it would not be within their power to rectify it most of the time, because it is the modder's thing, not theirs.

I feel that when they abandoned more than half the expected content, dropped modding tools, and launched, they took on a certain responsibility to ensure that the modding tools are easy to use and don't cause conflicts that might accidentally trigger fundamentally unrelated systems like someone's ping.

• Like 1