Sign in to follow this  
Yeni

As50 Or M24?

So earlier I found a heli crash, No Nvg sadly. But I did find an As50, So I traded my M24 in for the As50, I know little info about the As50 and M24, so I was wondering, did I make a good swap?

You sure did,

The AS50 is a one hit kill, even in the foot. Also the AS50 will take M107 clips (not the other way around though)

Using the M107 clips will give you 10 round in a clip instead of 5.

You sure did' date='

The AS50 is a one hit kill, even in the foot. Also the AS50 will take M107 clips (not the other way around though)

Using the M107 clips will give you 10 round in a clip instead of 5.

[/quote']

Thanks. Im pretty happy I found an As50, can't wait to try this thing out.

And the fact that it is HUGE.

I noticed.... And the fact I cant see my right side in first person....

I love the thought of shooting someone with an AS50 through a 10 centimeter thick wall where they think they are safe. Their reaction would probably be like "WTF HACXKSSSSS!!!1one!"

AS50's a great gun but I'm unsure why it sounds so dinky. It shoots a 50 cal round just like the M107, and shares a similar design to the M82 barrett family of anti-mat snipers yet the difference in volume between the two is tremendous. When I hear an M107 go off the only thing I can think of doing is taking cover and wondering if the noise came from a near-by grenade or a sniper... but the AS50 is nothing in comparison. Disappointing to say the least!

That being said though, Ive never heard an AS50 IRL before so I don't know if thats how relatively quiet it actually is or if there are some issues with the audio.

I can verify that the As50 is NOT one hit kill. Shot a bandit square in the back at the NE airfield a few days back and watched him crumble. Few seconds later, I see " has died". As I leave my sniper hide, the same guy stands up and fires at me. Long story short, we had a hanger duel and he ended up killing me.

That's the last time I only shoot someone once and expect them to die. Go with whichever sniper has the most ammo, i.m.o. and always shoot at LEAST twice.

It is a one hit kill.. I hit someone in the foot/leg from 700m and killed them, as50 is also awesome as it one hits any vehicle hahaha, i killed 4 people in truck with one shot

Uh ... I can't believe this hasn't been written so far. The following is a list of sniper rifles ordered by sound signature volume, from loudest to quietest.

M107

DMR

SVD / M24 / CZ550

... bunch of STANAG rifles

BAF AS50

What does this mean?

It means you can shoot a player while being 200m from a zed and not attract zombies. This means it's harder for hostiles to find out where exactly you are, and, it means you spend less time, ammo, med supplies, and most importantly, noise, dealing with zeds. The queieter your sniper shots are, the less zeds are attracted, and the less likely it is that the target will figure out where the shots are coming from.

How ... is this forum so newbie infested? Jesus H. You're whining that the AS50 is quieter than an M107? Seriously. Are you mentally challenged?

The AS50 has another upside, as mentioned above: it takes M107 .50 cal 10-round magazines. That ammo is more common than AS50's default ammo, and the mag size is double of the AS50 NATO ammo.

Another upside is that the reticle is red while mildots are black: easier to shoot in low light conditions with a rangefinder and proper zeroing.

Needn't mention it but - unlike the DMR (see below why), the AS50 can be zeroed with PageUp and PageDown keys. It can also zoom in and out with the + and - keys.

Downsides:

The AS50 is large and black: it doesn't blend in with anything except the night. And speaking of the night:

The AS50 cannot be used with NVGs. This is why most bandits carry an AS50 and a DMR. AS50 for daylight sniping, DMR for nighttime. The DMR can be used in conjunction with NVGs.

In a choice between AS50 and any other sniper rifle, pick the AS50. Possible exceptions to this are:

- You don't have a range finder - use the SVD

- You want to shoot at night - you're forced to use the DMR.

People willingly shooting M24s, M107s, CZ550s are what we refer to as the "Quick and Reliable Bean Delivery Service of Chernarus."

Uh ... I can't believe this hasn't been written so far. The following is a list of sniper rifles ordered by sound signature volume' date=' from loudest to quietest.

M107

DMR

SVD / M24 / CZ550

... bunch of STANAG rifles

BAF AS50

What does this mean?

It means you can shoot a player while being 200m from a zed and not attract zombies. This means it's harder for hostiles to find out where exactly you are, and, it means you spend less time, ammo, med supplies, and most importantly, noise, dealing with zeds. The queieter your sniper shots are, the less zeds are attracted, and the less likely it is that the target will figure out where the shots are coming from.

How ... is this forum so newbie infested? Jesus H. You're whining that the AS50 is quieter than an M107? Seriously. Are you mentally challenged?

The AS50 has another upside, as mentioned above: it takes M107 .50 cal 10-round magazines. That ammo is more common than AS50's default ammo, and the mag size is double of the AS50 NATO ammo.

Another upside is that the reticle is red while mildots are black: easier to shoot in low light conditions with a rangefinder and proper zeroing.

Needn't mention it but - unlike the DMR (see below why), the AS50 can be zeroed with PageUp and PageDown keys. It can also zoom in and out with the + and - keys.

Downsides:

The AS50 is large and black: it doesn't blend in with anything except the night. And speaking of the night:

The AS50 cannot be used with NVGs. This is why most bandits carry an AS50 and a DMR. AS50 for daylight sniping, DMR for nighttime. The DMR can be used in conjunction with NVGs.

In a choice between AS50 and any other sniper rifle, pick the AS50. Possible exceptions to this are:

- You don't have a range finder - use the SVD

- You want to shoot at night - you're forced to use the DMR.

People willingly shooting M24s, M107s, CZ550s are what we refer to as the "Quick and Reliable Bean Delivery Service of Chernarus."

[/quote']

You can use the mildot as a range finder btw. With that in mind, the only reason to go for the SVD is to get the camo wrapping, it's a fine gun and all but considering ammo shortage and it's negatives -- There's plenty other better rifles around.

thats a glich/hack not a fault of the gun, it killed him but he got up after he died, it is a 1 hit kill no matter where.

He stood up and shot back at me, ran off and bandaged up, then ended up killing me.