Sign in to follow this  
hemtek

My thoughs and Suggestions about DayZ.

Hello everyone. I'm sorry in advance for my bad english.

My name is Hemtek and I play DayZ since 2015, I have about 2500 hours in the game. It's my most played game and obviously my favorite one. I have followed the ongoing development since I bought it and I had read all the status report back then.

Since several updates, I felt a bit disappointed by the development of the game.

The last updates brings some balance in base building and fireplaces, yeah thats cool but I think it's not the priority right now. The high priority for me is the damage system

Pistols ammo ( 9mm, .380, .45 ) are useless and not worth it, I remember a time when you could kill a geared guy with just a chambered makarov, this is not possible nowadays and it's bad.

AR ammo are the same ( 5.56, 7.62x39, 5.45x39 ) are exactly the same.

Ballsitic helmet and plate carrier protects too much, You can hit a guy with a 7.62x39 in the head and he is still alive and running. Headshots should be always rewarded.

Only mosin, shotguns and .308 guns are a viable choice in this game. Also animals are too much bullet resistant.

Why not adding Stop power in the damage system for the pistols caliber: the ability to stun another player with your gun when players can be put in the ground by the force of the ammo. I agree that this ammo should be less deadly put they should have more shock damage.

The deplacement in the game are too fast and not realistic but with the lacks of vehicle it's a bit understandable. Stamina should be 1.5x more.

Talking about vehicle, where is the V3s and the bus? they were so much fun.

The feature we need the most right now is Broken Bones. Even if you can't do what you wanted to do in the first place. If you add this like it was in the pre 0.62 update it would be enough because this is one of the best feature the game had back then. It's a msut have and should be the highest priority in the development of the game.

You should also add Ragdoll in the game, I know it's not good for the server performance but it will add a lot of realism and also it will correct some issues with dead player falling throu walls etc...

That it for now, maybe I will add some other thoughs I had in mind in this topic

I hope I will be listened.

Bye.