Sign in to follow this  
quentin.descharmes@gmail.com

ArmA II dancing animations use in DayZ

Hi everyone,

a few days ago I have downloaded a built-in menu mod for ArmA II which allows me to trigger dance and other infantry animations scripts from the solo campaign in MP/SP (http://www.armaholic.com/forums.php?m=posts&p=58612).

This built-in menu acts as a mod but - I guess - could be achieved by binding the scripts to keys (e.g: salute/sitting down) instead of using .pbo's. It actually replaces the default menu thus not allowing its user conventionnal actions.

As you may have noticed, using other mods such as sound mods, noblur mods or whatever is not possible on most DayZ servers. Though there are a few unpure/badly configured (?) servers that allow it.

Since rocket has a very strict policy concerning cheating, I'd like to know if the use of such mod on DayZ, even on a server that permits it, could be considered as cheating or simply as a legit use of bad server configuration.

I'm asking this question as I don't want to be permabanned/reported because I happen to dance on Chernogorsk's roofs to make people laugh (and cowardly shoot me in the head while I shake my booty), or make zombies mad. Remember that it doesn't provide me any kind of advantage except the fact that I CAN DANCE!

Thanks! ;)