Sign in to follow this  
teamRAVEGREEN

Zombie spawn distance?

I did a quick search but didn't find the relevant information...

How far out from cities, deer stands, etc. does the game recognize players and start spawning zombies?

I've been a ways out from cities before, looking in with binoculars, sometimes I see zombies sometimes I don't and I can make assumptions about whether they are my zombies or not, but I figured I'd ask to see if anyone has tested this and knows the approximate distance.

Thanks!

Eh, my guess is something around 300 metersish. Thast just a very rough estimate. Someone will probably come along and make me look like a idiot. I care not.

I'd say so. I've been closer without being run at by zombies. I don't know of anyone else is having the same problem, but whenever i get away from one, they run at a ridiculous speed until they catch up then slow down again when they're right behind me. gets very annoying. aren't zombies supposed to be a bit slower than that?

I'd say so. I've been closer without being run at by zombies. I don't know of anyone else is having the same problem' date=' but whenever i get away from one, they run at a ridiculous speed until they catch up then slow down again when they're right behind me. gets very annoying. aren't zombies supposed to be a bit slower than that?

[/quote']

There are 3 types of zombies currently, the ones which are standing can run faster than you but they are unable to hit you if you are running because they have to stop to attack, so it is an endless yo-yo until you find a steel hill or a building with 2 entrances. Other people mention use fences, where you jump over and they get stuck, but most of the time I have noticed the zombies to just bug through the fence instantly.

There are 3 types of zombies currently, the ones which are standing can run faster than you but they are unable to hit you if you are running because they have to stop to attack, so it is an endless yo-yo until you find a steel hill or a building with 2 entrances. Other people mention use fences, where you jump over and they get stuck, but most of the time I have noticed the zombies to just bug through the fence instantly.

Yeah i get this glitch happening quite a bit, Just looking at the updates/patches going on at the moment, i have hope that they will fix a lot of bugs going on in-game. It's cool though i'm finding different ways of dealing with them. Didn't quite know whta i was doing before, running through the middle of town wasn't such a great idea.