Uncle Zed

Corrupted command line?

I recently put up a new server. I've run servers in the past. Myself and others are frequently getting "Unknown error" when trying to connect to the server. Rcon never shows the player even trying to connect. I had thought perhaps it has to do with the command line. On the client, the entire path is put before the mod in the -mod part of the command line. For example:

-mod=D:\Steam\steamapps\common\DayZ\!dzsal\@CJ187-Fridges

This makes the command line quite long for a client when joining the server because of all of the mods. What I've noticed is that in my client log, the command line is getting "corrupted". Here's an example: https://pastebin.com/5CSgrvDC

Does anyone have a solution to this? I've started removing mods that I feel are not vital to the server in an attempt to shorten the command line, thinking that might fix it but still no good. I've verified the dayz client files too. Before I remove each mod and try again, I'd like to know if anyone can help out with this.

I've run many Arma2OA servers back in the day. Have you tried using relative paths? As far as i remember (it's been some time) using 

-mod=!dzsal\@CJ187-Fridges;!dzsal\@HeliCrashSiteZombies...

etc should work. 

Not sure but you might also want to use a different character than "!" as your prefix.

Edit: realizing this is posted in DayZ "Game" i see this info might not be relevant.

Edited by Tex Willer

I'm talking about the client command line. The mods are automatically created. I have no control over the command line because I am using the two available launchers.