Uncle Zed

Lost on Deer Isle | Zombie Hordes | PVP Zones | KillinZedz

deerisle.jpg

Lost on Deer Isle | Zombie Hordes | PVP Zones | KillinZedz

The Lost on Deer Isle server is now online! The server is heavily modified in a manner to make it a real experience and not just another high loot COD-esque sandbox. The server has some great mods that increases the apocalyptic atmosphere.  Our zombie mods include the PVZ customizable zombie mod, which alters the behavior of the zombies to include a mix of walking and running zombies and the most dangerous zombies of all - priest zombies. The Dark Horde zombie mod creates a wandering horde on the map that is a real challenge to destroy. The PSR2 New Zombies Pack adds mutated zombies and they will spawn in the radiation zones with a small chance of appearing in cities. 

PVP Zones are active around the map. Outside of the zones, players are unable to kill or hurt each other. The zones are marked on the map that you can open with the M key. The map doesn't show your location or allow for 3D markers.

Radiation Zones. There are three locations with radiation, which are marked on the map. You must be in full NBC gear to survive these areas!

Base Building Plus. Build a kick-ass base with Base Building Plus. Also, bases can only be broken into with a sledgehammer due to settings in BBP and the Tweak Raid Tools mod.

Many survival mods are used as well, including rags only from pristine clothes, less meat from animals and the medical attention mod. You need to be careful and ensure you have proper medical supplies so you don't die from diseases or sustain an injury that slows you down. 

On our Discord server, we have a channel with links to all of our mods so that you can easily read about how they all work. I highly recommend you join us on Discord at http://discord.me/killinzedz. Search for KillinZedz or "Lost on Deer Isle" in the server browser to find us! The IP/port is 149.56.28.85:2502. 

Edited by Uncle Zed

When you're in the process of setting up a server, you don't get to experience how it plays. Since the server is now open to the public, I've finally gotten to play and the most amazing thing is the zombie spawner mod. Two important buildings, the police station and the clinic, both spawn zombies INSIDE of the building! Also, the zombie spawns outside are unpredictable and really makes navigating in the dark dangerous. I wasn't a big fan of the zombie spawn mod the first time I tried it many months ago, as it wasn't really tweaked very well, but the author has made it perfect. It gives a great zombie experience. I'm having a blast!

Edited by Uncle Zed

There's been some issues getting this server to work properly, specifically some connection issues. I've almost gotten it worked out and I expect to have it resolved soon.

It appears we may have resolved the connection issues. Server's been appearing in both launchers without an issue... keeping my fingers crossed.

The original post has been updated. Due to unsolvable issues with Livonia, we've switched to Chernarus. 

Server update today! I've added the PVEZ mod, which allows for PVP zones. Outside of the zones, you are unable to injure or kill other players. The zones are marked on the map, which is now accessible by pressing M (Vanilla Plus Plus Map). No player markers are shown and you are not able to place 3D markers.

New features!

Radiation and Toxic Zones. There are three locations with radiation, which are marked on the map, and there's a roaming toxic cloud. You must be in full NBC gear to survive these areas!

Player to Player Trader: Check the map for locations of the P2P trader. Go to the cash register in that building and press B for a menu that lets you trade with other players.

Update for the server today.

Added PSR2 New Zombies Pack to the server (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1838477746). These zombies will mostly show up in the radiation area although there is a small chance to find some in cities.
Added zombie spawns to industrial/military docks east of the swamp.

Some more new stuff:

Reworked the wolf spawns to be more fair to new spawns and to make more sense.
Added zombie wolves.
Increased zombie spawns overall. The map was short on police, medic, firefighter and priest zombies so those numbers are all increased.

I recently tried adjusting the weather so we wouldn't get as much rain but it didn't seem to work. Now, as a test, I've set all weather to off. No clouds, no rain, no wind, so every day should be a bright sunny day. I will leave that for a few days. Once I've established that it'll stay that way, I'll start making adjustments to give a small chance of rain.

PVEZ Mod Update

The PVEZ mod updated and has added some new features. The following settings are now in effect:

* Lawbreaker's position is reported on the map and updated every 60 seconds.
* Lawbreakers can not see their own name on the map.
* Players can not see their own location on the map.
* From the changelog: "Since lawbreakers positions now could be seen on in-game map, other players could become some kind of headhunters to seek & kill lawbreakers, and it might be fare to allow lawbreakers to have an ability to fight back (because other players are able to attack a lawbreaker anywhere)." This feature is turned on so that if a "headhunter" comes after a lawbreaker, the lawbreaker can fight back.
* Lawbreaker status automatically clears up 14 days after their last murder.

As a reminder, the Lawbreaker system is explained here, in the "What is the Lawbreakers system?" section: (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1878060278)

Edited by Uncle Zed