Sign in to follow this  
Luiz Marques

Server Modded Performance, how to increase ?!

Hail Folks, I'm on a frustrating mission, how to increase my Modded Server performance. I've a new Ryzen 9 9300x (4.20 GHZ) with 64GB RAM 3600MHZ using M2 SSD for 100 slots on my Chernarus Server. Everything is perfect with 100 slots after restart (which is 4 /4 hours on my server), but after some minutes FPS server with 100 players go from 30.xx to 5.xx 3.xx, I have no explanation how and why... But I realize my processor never go higher than 11 - 12% and my memory never go after 8192 (8gb), no matter what I do... On my startup script I've declared  (-cpuCount=12 -exTheads=24 -high -maxMem=20480) and on my dayzsetting.xml I've declared (<pc maxcores="12" reservedcores="0" />), but my system still working on 11-12% of CPU and my memory max is 8GB, also I tried to set HIGH priority on dayzserver_x64.exe but it's still the same. Does anyone have some clue or know how to get better performance on it ?! How to shift 2nd gear on my CPU and Memory hardware ?! Thanks in advance.

8 hours ago, Luiz Marques said:

Hail Folks, I'm on a frustrating mission, how to increase my Modded Server performance. I've a new Ryzen 9 9300x (4.20 GHZ) with 64GB RAM 3600MHZ using M2 SSD for 100 slots on my Chernarus Server. Everything is perfect with 100 slots after restart (which is 4 /4 hours on my server), but after some minutes FPS server with 100 players go from 30.xx to 5.xx 3.xx, I have no explanation how and why... But I realize my processor never go higher than 11 - 12% and my memory never go after 8192 (8gb), no matter what I do... On my startup script I've declared  (-cpuCount=12 -exTheads=24 -high -maxMem=20480) and on my dayzsetting.xml I've declared (<pc maxcores="12" reservedcores="0" />), but my system still working on 11-12% of CPU and my memory max is 8GB, also I tried to set HIGH priority on dayzserver_x64.exe but it's still the same. Does anyone have some clue or know how to get better performance on it ?! How to shift 2nd gear on my CPU and Memory hardware ?! Thanks in advance.

first of all servers in DayZ are currently really limited to single core... that's why all the issues especially vehicle issues happen... second... your processor gets 12% usage... that's your entire CPU... you should check each individual cores and thread utilization... 1 core is usually high so basically your total CPU usage is average number of all cores utilization if you had more cores your CPU utilization would be even lower but still the same since you got more cores... most of the cores aren't used so for example if you had double the cores on your CPU the utilization would be like half of your current CPU because it has double the cores but that number means the same as your current 12% i hope you understand what i mean since i am really bad at explaining things 
what you wanna look for is high IPC if you wanna host a DayZ/ArmA server and i heard next gen Ryzen 4000 series is gonna be insane with the IPC improvement and what you can do with that Ryzen 9 is maybe host 2 servers on that machine since DayZ uses so few cores... you got extra resources xD 

• Like 1

Oh ok, I've understood, so... I really expect more from my hardware and Bohemia team (whose said "we're not provide support for modded server"), and about memory ?! Do you know what is limit it at max 8GB ?! That's insane to me... I'll try to host 2 servers on it as your suggestion. But it's so frustrating to see Trumps wall as eg. having 120 slots. What kind of magic ?! Overclocking ?!

On 3/12/2020 at 2:11 PM, Luiz Marques said:

Oh ok, I've understood, so... I really expect more from my hardware and Bohemia team (whose said "we're not provide support for modded server"), and about memory ?! Do you know what is limit it at max 8GB ?! That's insane to me... I'll try to host 2 servers on it as your suggestion. But it's so frustrating to see Trumps wall as eg. having 120 slots. What kind of magic ?! Overclocking ?!

Trump's Wall sucks anyway... i hate those servers and avoid them and idk about that 8gb max... i think there is no limit it's just it uses 8gb because it can't use more because there is no stuff to be there so it uses more? xD Bohemia just needs to optimize the servers... they really need to... almost all problems of DayZ and even ArmA lie in the server... it's like it's limited to 32bit or something xD But yeah... servers are really single core at max quad core barely so adding more cores won't do anything currently you need more IPC that's instructions per clock... that basically means that 1 cpu at like 3ghz would work just as some other CPU at 4ghz... it's efficiency and from what i know currently at this very moment... Ryzen /AMD has the IPC BUT... they can't overclock as much... while Intel has lower IPC... they can overclock higher... like 5ghz while giving you more power draw and heat... but intel is better only when overclocked but it's really tiny.. Ryzen 4000 series / zen3 will have apparently very large boost in IPC and will take the IPC crown from Intel.. Intel is greedy and their greed lead them to their downfall... Intel is really gonna die honestly... AMD is just too agressive and Intel underestimated AMD
Also Bohemia moved some DayZ devs to work on Enfusion engine... and people were outraged by this but they don't understand that will benefit DayZ... like a lot... that's how they will fix/optimize the servers so they use more cores allowing for more crazier things and perfomance... especially with AMD Ryzing ( HAHA ) to power and dominating with multi cores for cheap... the future is multi core... like we will have 8 cores 16 threads as standard in like max 3 years that's gonna become like mid range.. Bohemia really needs to focus on optimizing for more and more cores... like seriously...it's really important we are at that edge where a new era begins... it's revolution time and also Next Generation time with PS5 and XBOX X they need to do futureproofing work ASAP

• Like 1

Thanks @KajMak64Bit2 I understood your point of view and agree with you hundred percent.. so, le's wait till Bohemia optimize DayZ for use more than 1 core and use extra memory, because Chernarus and Livonia can handle with more than 120 - 150 players on map... mainly PvP server (as my case), so, to me is very sad invest a lot of money on high end machine to host only 100 players on each server... I will try to host Livonia and Chernarus (first person only). I've 400 mbp/s dedicated link and on 100 pleyers I only use 20 MB or something like that. SO, PLS, If u have any news or any (NEW) clue to improve my server performance, just let me know. Thanks u so much. God Bless you.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Luiz Marques said:

Thanks @KajMak64Bit2 I understood your point of view and agree with you hundred percent.. so, le's wait till Bohemia optimize DayZ for use more than 1 core and use extra memory, because Chernarus and Livonia can handle with more than 120 - 150 players on map... mainly PvP server (as my case), so, to me is very sad invest a lot of money on high end machine to host only 100 players on each server... I will try to host Livonia and Chernarus (first person only). I've 400 mbp/s dedicated link and on 100 pleyers I only use 20 MB or something like that. SO, PLS, If u have any news or any (NEW) clue to improve my server performance, just let me know. Thanks u so much. God Bless you.

no no it's not DayZ like the game itself... not the client it's just the servers that need optimizing... like a lot... client optimization is mostly done... sure there is some stuff here and there like i can bet it's LOD's and assets of foliage because when i am around bushes and heavy foliage it get fps drop like crazy while looking at them... i suspect too much polygons...  but yeah what i am trying to say.. DayZ as a game is optimized well... but the server side isn't these are 2 different beasts... it would be awesome from what i understand if you could set up a headless client like in ArmA that is dedicated to do AI stuff so it can improve perfomance and reduce workload on main server so it can do physics of vehicles and inventory sync while headless client takes care of AI/NPC / Infected/ Zombies work 😄 if you don;t know you should have seen old DayZ... like example would be the OG ArmA 2 DayZ mod... look at it... on your PC it would ran like 40fps at best xD or else in small Elektro you will get like 25fps