MiZTiiX

Alcohol and bad habbits

I was thinking about how alchohol could be implemented. Maybe your character will become depressed from not finding/interacting with other players for a long time. You're motivation will go down decreasing your run speed, increasing reload times, increasing the time to swing your melee weapons etc. If you find alcohol and drink it, you will be cured from depression at the cost of being drunk and a small amount of heat loss for a couple of minutes. Your screen will get blurey but gradually go back to normal as time goes by, your character will move like a drunk and your aiming will be more well, crap. This side effect will only last a couple of minutes however it can be cured by sleeping for a short period of time.

SMOKING: you should be able to find cigarrettes. You will need a lighter that will be limited and you will need to face away from the wind to light up. I think it would be cool to be able to actually see yourself smoking in first person and third (hopefully as time passes there will be proper animations for all actions) Now what would be the purpose of smoking you may ask? just little things such as decreasing hunger by abit until you find food, decreasing depression by a tiny bit until you find alcohol etc and also if there is fuel then you could throw the cigarrete and shits gonna get real without needing to neccesarily go throught the process of cutting down wood to start a fire (if this feature was to be implemented). There will be various "no-smoking" signs in the world, if you smoke in these areas you may cause an explosion.

I could see Alcohol working. Though just being away from people wouldnt make a person so depressed that they dont run as fast ect.

Smoking just isnt needed. I doubt anyones starved to death other than when food spawns were bugged. Besides, we dont need to remind people that are trying to quite smoking how bad they want one

depression would cause you to not give a shit anymore, if you are trying to run for your life and you're depressed and like "what does it matter if i live anymore" then you woulden't be as willing to run away as if you weren't depressed. Smoking isn't neccessary but its fun and it could work the other way, people who don't want to smoke can finally smoke in an unharmful way XD.