TheRealKaiiin

Car glitches/despawn/update 1.10 PS4 (+ Message Game Developers)

Dear Bohemian

please take a minute, take a coffee or thee, if you like. Please.... read everything!

and for my fellow dayZ lovers... reply and make this a real topic! We need the devs attention. It’s time for the players to put some real pressure on the devs! This game needs to be fixed! 

Soo, back to the intention of this topic...

My friend and me spended hours on finding, repairing, and driving a car.... literally, hours.

After all this effort we found a few but big mistakes. Hopefully this is a clear message to you guys.... if you even read it.

Cars are a true mess driving across the map, Glitches as usually but at a certain point the game just freezes... your screen is stuck at one place and u end up dead or k.o. Because of a crash u didn’t see. All thanks to the game freeze/glitch.

But Still... we repaired the car with new components and got it running again. My friend and me started driving again even though we had major issues with the game quality. We arrived at our base, took of some parts like a wheel or radiator for instance, left some stuff in the trunk to mark the car ‘ours’ to prevent a despawn.

after a successfull but very glitchy day... we logged out. 

Today I came home from work, exited to know if the car was still there and if our base wasn’t raided (our daily stress ;p). I logged on and.... poof... the car was gone.

this happened 3 times. The two first cars were gone because we crashed them in the walls... thanks to the glitches and the game freeze -_- they disappeared because they were broken... The third one... the one I just told you guys about... we got that one with a lot of effort a good luck.

only to find out that cars are useless because of the stupid reason...

they despawn... sadly.

this is again... a stupid thing bohemia!

get this game fixed please!

Many players are loving this game, they are loving your work! Think about that?! Now... Just make it work! u got so many options in this thing. U guys can do sooooo much more with this game. I mean come on... it’s a real life based survival simulator in a collapsed society with zombies. One word... AMAZING! This game experience is kind of unique, sooo many people love it and payed for it ofcourse, others payed for it but left due to to many glitches and unfinished things and ideas. Sadly enough they could be amazing new players buying in game content for instance to support your game creation. But don’t expect people to pay for something (Livonia) if the original game experience doesn’t work. Me, myself... i’m on the PS4 and I really love your game and thoughts in the game ‘dayZ’ ... yes, trough all this glitch and error... i still love it. And I won’t be the only one, if you make this game work.

consider this game as a goldmine... well you guys are really blowing it up before it could even glow.

and i’m not even talking about the ‘6 year of preparation’ on pc... 

You got your game... now please make it work! Don’t fail us but thrive! DayZ can be the game everyone wants... if it works.

so go do your dayum job, just like the rest of us.

just remember bohemia... we love your work, now make it work!

Peace Out

Kain

Edited by TheRealKaiiin

If there is something I've learned is that not every spot on the map is safe to park your car.  I'm not saying there is a pattern to it but there is certainly some spots that seem to be more consistent than others.  

I've had cars disappear too and then I've had cars that I park at gas stations, at bases in certain areas, etc. dozens of times that never have problems.   It is certainly frustrating when it happens though.

.....and yeah, the freezing while driving is absolutely horrible although more so for some folks than others.  Before it magically improved for me, I had to constantly drive no more than ~20kph.  Anything above that speed could result in a crash, etc.  My suggestion to you is to do the same.  It seems that impacts at around or under that speed usually won't result in damage.  I know it essentially a crawl in terms of driving but still faster than walking.  .....and doesn't use up your food, water, shoes, etc.  You're also an easy target though but what else can you do?

Just a side note. If this was a despawn thing depending on what server you are playing im pretty sure the cars come with a short or shorter then hoped for despawn time the owner might wanna go into those files we have access too and make the lifetime alot longer.

Good ole 3888000 lifetime and there hasnt been one car to disappear on my server as of yet. Well minus the one my buddy just couldnt stop smashing up...That one yes eventually despawned lol...The rest are still with us. Some for at least a week or so.

• Thanks 1

On 2/24/2020 at 6:07 PM, Kean__1 said:

If there is something I've learned is that not every spot on the map is safe to park your car.  I'm not saying there is a pattern to it but there is certainly some spots that seem to be more consistent than others.  

I've had cars disappear too and then I've had cars that I park at gas stations, at bases in certain areas, etc. dozens of times that never have problems.   It is certainly frustrating when it happens though.

.....and yeah, the freezing while driving is absolutely horrible although more so for some folks than others.  Before it magically improved for me, I had to constantly drive no more than ~20kph.  Anything above that speed could result in a crash, etc.  My suggestion to you is to do the same.  It seems that impacts at around or under that speed usually won't result in damage.  I know it essentially a crawl in terms of driving but still faster than walking.  .....and doesn't use up your food, water, shoes, etc.  You're also an easy target though but what else can you do?

Yes your right, thats what we eventually had to do to get that car to the base, not faster then 30 or 20 in a town or city. Lol... but yeah what else can we do haha.

it’s just sad that cars don’t really work 😕 we had some serious effort with these cars just to find out that there settings aren’t right yet... just as everything else in this game 😂

Edited by TheRealKaiiin
  • Like 1

People, keep the replies going.

the devs really need to see this message, it would be wonderful for them to realise that the dayZ gamers need more content and glitch free experience. The players love it, the devs just need to finish this dayum game... how hard can it be?

sooo... keep the replies going. It’s time to pull the creators there attention!

do it for the sake of DayZ!!!

greets

Kain

41 minutes ago, TheRealKaiiin said:

the devs really need to see this message, it would be wonderful for them to realise that the dayZ gamers need more content and glitch free experience. The players love it, the devs just need to finish this dayum game... how hard can it be?

greets

Kain

I know you just joined here but believe me, folks have been making their voice heard for months.  Just read through the forums here, The Twitter replies, Reddit, etc.  I hate to say it but your thread isn't going to change that.

Now, as far as grabbing their attention, employees / mods read through these posts.  The devs also know all too well the problems many of us have with the game. 

The good news is that they seem a little more responsive since 1.07 released and future updates are supposed to take aim more on fixes rather than additions.  I'm not saying the snails pace is acceptable nor their communication (or lack thereof) but all we can do is continue to report our problems, concerns, etc. but I wouldn't bank on a single thread causing change.  Hell, these PS4 forums aren't even that busy to be honest. 

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, TheRealKaiiin said:

greets

Kain

Hello,

Our dev team is usually very busy during working hours, but feel free to @ me at any time, I'll try to help you.

DayZ is a very ambitious, and complex game with deep, and unique mechanics, but unfortunately our cars are not in the best shape, and we are very well aware of it.

Just because we sometimes release other fixes that don't tackle the most pressing issues, it doesn't mean we forgot about them. It doesn't mean we don't care about the game, or the community.

We want to provide the best experience possible, and we have a very dedicated, and passionate Dev Team working hard to give us the DayZ we all want, but some things just take longer than others.

• Thanks 2

On 2/26/2020 at 5:18 PM, Greensek said:

Hello,

Our dev team is usually very busy during working hours, but feel free to @ me at any time, I'll try to help you.

DayZ is a very ambitious, and complex game with deep, and unique mechanics, but unfortunately our cars are not in the best shape, and we are very well aware of it.

Just because we sometimes release other fixes that don't tackle the most pressing issues, it doesn't mean we forgot about them. It doesn't mean we don't care about the game, or the community.

We want to provide the best experience possible, and we have a very dedicated, and passionate Dev Team working hard to give us the DayZ we all want, but some things just take longer than others.

Alright... i feel u, not everything is eazy. It’s good to hear something about what’s going on over there.

i’m also happy to hear that u guys didn’t forget about the game or left it behind a bit. Your message really cleared up my mind about u guys. I just hope this complex and insane game will be finished once 😅

P.s. a bigger map? The same one but twice as big with more player capacity? Not to much tho, lol🤔 imagine... Livonia for instance, that island should Be like a 5 minute row boat ride from Chernarus just like the ‘prison island’. Rowboat? New addition for the future maybe? 🤔 but before any addition y’all should fix the rest,  please 😅

anyway, thanks for the response! I’ll @ you if I come across some issues that could be useful for you guys. Have a nice day.

greets

kain

• Like 1