Sign in to follow this  
bbilbo1

Can more melee weapons be added?

First, a disclaimer:

-Alpha is Alpha, etc.

-I understand the reason for the most recent patch to remove the starting gun. I agree with it, too. Starting a new player off with resources such as ammo, was too easily taken advantage of by other players.

-I also understand that learning to move quietly and undetected is a very useful skill for a player to realize.

With that out of the way, I just wanted to put this out there, I think given that we have the theme of Zombie apocalypse, there should be more melee weapons in the game:

-Baseball bat

-Pipe

-Machete

-2x4

-Hammer

All we have currently is the hatchet, which is okay, and the crowbar which doesn't even work, from what I hear.

It's one thing to make new players start with no guns, but it's a bit silly to say that in the search for a proper weapon, you wouldn't pick up a random blunt instrument to at least try to defend yourself with? Really? Think about it.

Thoughts?

I completely agree. I got my start with this game just after the patch that removed the starting gun. I have no reference for how easier that would have made starting, but, what I can say is that I agree that it was done and makes the game much much more challenging.

What I do not agree with is the lack of Melee weapons as you have pointed out. If the point of this game is realism, then the first thing a survivor would do when seeing a zombie is find something to defend oneself with.

Hell....even a push or fist fight function would be useful.

Hatchets are one hit kills, and are the most common thing in the game IMO. I dont think we really need more melee weapons.

Unless we could find smaller ones that would fill a seperate melee slot, for quite takedowns without needing to get rid of your primary, that would be nice.

Not sure if it has been officially stated but i'd guess it just comes to adding new 3d models now so yea its possible.