IceKing74

Does this Day Z for PS4 have an Single Player or Private Server to play

Im not into PVP, But I am a fan of Zombie Open World Survival. Does this game have a single-player mode or private server I can play on by myself and friends?

• Thanks 1

They do but you have to rent one through Nitrado.  It's $13USD / month for a 10 person server. You can also set some of your own parameters like day / night time cycles and now they even opened some of the files so if you know what you're doing, you can change other things like loot, spawn points, etc. as well.

Other than that, your only other option is public servers. However, there are some groups that allow anyone to play on their private servers as long as you play by their rules. There may be some out there that are PvE only that you can find.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for posting this question @IceKing74 and for replying @Kean__1. I've now been looking at Nitrado and the costs seem reasonable if I've read it right. The lowest number of player slots is 4 and the cost for this on a standard game server appears to be £3.53 for 30 days and £9.70 for 90 days - in UK money that is 😉 That doesn't seem too bad. The more players obviously the more it costs but if you want to play alone (or with three trustworthy friends) then I guess this would be the only way.

I may give it a go myself - at least that way I get all the loot/weapons/food etc and can build stuff without needing eyes in the back of my head. Guess it may get boring after a while but I reckon I might give a try...

@Trev_Bash

Actually, the 4 slot is only for PC.  With PS4 the smallest one is 10 slots at a cost of $13 USD/mo. I even spoke with someone at Nitrado and suggested they offer 4 slot servers as there are those who only want to play alone and / or with a small groups of friends.  I think it would attract more folks personally.

• Like 1

@Kean__1 

Yes, you're right, thanks. The 10 slots cost me £8.82 for 30 days but 4 slots would have been more suitable - strange it is available for PC but not PS4. I'll see how it goes in relation to frame rate etc. but a brief first 'test' seemed ok...

• Like 1