Trev_Bash

Items stuck inside the sea chest

I found a sea chest and thought it would be a good idea to lock it inside a shed and fill it with stuff so that I can come back any time and re-stock.

The problem is that I can't take some of the items out... for some unknown reason it won't let me take a can of beans out or do anything with it - open them or eat them etc. they are still stuck inside. Other stuff I can sometimes take out and use but not the beans. I just made the mistake of putting an AK inside and now that randomly returns to the box! I cannot transfer it direct from the box to my inventory but if I take the box into my hands then I can. I took it out earlier, went some way down the road and found it had disappeared. When I went back and checked the chest it was there... ggggrrrrrrrrrr.

Not sure whether the chest has magic properties or if I am doing something wrong or if it's a bug. Has anyone else had this problem?

Update:

Things go from bad to worse. Out and about and the AK has vanished WTF? presumably back in the chest. For some reason the axe doesn't work at all, no effect whatsoever (usually one swing kills) so I am forced to use the .45 normally no problem but for some reason this also has no effect whatsoever and is firing blanks. Eventually I bleed out whilst trying to fight off ONE zombie... is this all happening because I tried to be clever with the chest?

Edited by Trev_Bash
...update...

it happened to me too.....but there is a solution: after several minutes i manage to hold sea chest on hands (i change many camera angle to do that).

After that i log out, wait until server restart, and then all was fine. 

of course you can change server and try if this fix bug (which can be an item in the chest or the chest itself), or you can dig chest and wait if server restart fix it.

never give up! 

Edited by supernick
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The inventories on things like this including car trunks, tents, barrels, etc. can all get "bugged". Most times IME it has to do with how you transfer items to and from them.  If you're careful, you can sometimes avoid things getting stuck, etc. but sometimes things just don't go your way.

When I was still playing and rented my own server, I would have to restart it occasionally which would help fix some of hear issues.  On public servers, we had to relog which would take care of some problems but usually not inventory related. We had to wait for the server restart for that as mentioned which was out of our control.

• Thanks 1