ZedsDeadBaby

rocket & team: When you fix disconnect exploits, do NOT announce it

+1

But i am not entirely sure.

Because of 7 disconnect abuses the last 2 days i am nearly going to join the disconnecter faction, since rocket obiously thinks it is part of the game and should not be fixed with some priority.

rocket obiously thinks it is part of the game and should not be fixed with some priority.

Don't be a choad.

He has clearly stated it's an exploit, and has already attempted once to fix it so it's clearly a priority for the team.

Actually that's a good idea - but I'd take it slightly further.

Don't announce the fix to exploits so you can easily catch them trying to do it, then permanently banned them for Arma II.

Then make an arrangement with Valve and permanently ban them from Steam - their whole account, every single game.

Then make an arrangement with ATI and Nvidia so their drivers trigger their cards to always function at 100% GPU use and their fan speeds stuck at 1%.

Make it happen!

Actually that's a good idea - but I'd take it slightly further.

Don't announce the fix to exploits so you can easily catch them trying to do it' date=' then permanently banned them for Arma II.

Then make an arrangement with Valve and permanently ban them from Steam - their whole account, every single game.

Then make an arrangement with ATI and Nvidia so their drivers trigger their cards to always function at 100% GPU use and their fan speeds stuck at 1%.

Make it happen!

[/quote']

1/10..

1/10..

Uh, oh. Looks like we got our first ALT-F4er in the thread. Worried about his coyote elite and sweet weapon.

Why should they announce it and give exploiters time to adapt? Enlighten us.

Agreed, but I wanna know how it will work. Like if I disconnect 5 times because i cant get in game properly, will I be punished?

1/10..

Uh' date=' oh. Looks like we got our first ALT-F4er in the thread. Worried about his coyote elite and sweet weapon.

Why should they announce it and give exploiters time to adapt? Enlighten us.

[/quote']

I was referring to the guy saying that Steam should ban these ppl, even if they didn't buy the game through Steam

Come on ZDB did you not see my other post in this thread? Do you not remember me at all? :-/

Come on ZDB did you not see my other post in this thread? Do you not remember me at all? :-/

Haha, I was going to say I thought you were above that... my bad.

You should have quoted the guy you were respond to!

Since we are still in alpha I do think full patch notes are the best option maybe a few days after the patch has been released. I mean look the the arma 2 beta 94444 logs they have no changes yet people are still going over to it.

I am an exploiter, and I approve of this message.

Don't be a choad.

He has clearly stated it's an exploit' date=' and has already attempted once to fix it so it's clearly a priority for the team.

[/quote']

I have no idea what choad is meant to mean.

I know the statement by Rocket it is considered an exploit. 95% of people i meet ingame do it. Rockets statement is from when, a month ago? Solution would be awesomenly simple, yet, nothing happens.

Conclusion, he just doesn't care. He implements meele, changes infected behaviour, etc., but does not implement this simple disconnect timer solution. Don't tell me he thinks of disconnectiong as an real exploit and consideres it more than low priority.

I have no idea what choad is meant to mean.

https://www.google.com/search?q=define%3Achoad

Solution would be awesomenly simple

You're a software engineer with knowledge of the ARMA engine' date=' I assume?

No?

Yet, you make proclamations as to the ease of making a fairly significant alteration to the way players connect and disconnect to the game.

Conclusion, he just doesn't care.

Conclusion: choad status confirmed.

• Like 1

Funny shit, i am a computer scientist, true, and software engineering is of course part of those skills.

Funny fact two: i know how to use google.

Still have no intention to look up some random slang word you are throwing at forums.

Just make it so duping results in shit loot.

Not just shit loot.

Guns that explode when you fire them.

Magazines with blanks.

Tents that catch fire randomly after 48 hours.

NVGs that blind you. Permanently.

NVGs that you can't take off that have ultra high saturation so at night you're blind too.

Duping is a very close second for me as far as reasons why my Day Z time per week has nearly gone to zero.

Actually it's more prevalent than DCers since I rarely even see anyone and I don't hang out on the coast. It's just really annoying to see all these people with whole tent villages full of gear that they duped.

Solution would be awesomenly simple' date=' yet, nothing happens.

[/quote']

Indeed. On the other hand it would with a chance of 99.99% make things even worse, as disconnects due to technical reasons are still too common.

Also: No easy fix would be able to fix aggro-resetting.

Funny shit' date=' i am a computer scientist, true, and software engineering is of course part of those skills.

[/quote']

You're right that is funny. Funny how someone with apparent expertise in the field can still be such a clueless twat when it comes to making blind determinations about how difficult something would be in a code base they have never seen or worked with.

DayZ is a mod on top of the ARMA 2 engine. The engine is what controls player connections and disconnections, not the mod. How can you sit there and talk about how easy a fix would be when you have no idea if he even has control over that part of the code at the moment? Ridiculous tripe.

By the way if you do actually have a CS degree don't refer to yourself as a "computer scientist." We don't do that. I have a degree in CS and nobody I've ever known or worked with has ever referred to themselves as a "computer scientist." Developer. Programmer. Software engineer. Coder. But "computer scientist?" No.

Still have no intention to look up some random slang word you are throwing at forums.

It's not slang. It's a word. Apparently you're not a "vocabulary scientist" either.

... yadda yadda yadda ...

DayZ is a mod on top of the ARMA 2 engine. The engine is what controls player connections and disconnections' date=' not the mod.

... yadda yadda yadda ...

[/quote']

I sincerely thought that it would be a game mechanic that should be used to "fix" the D/C "problem". Wouldn't that be something that should easily be addressed by a mod?

Just to be clear: I don't think that there is a real "easy fix" as it would probably create a lot of other problems. At least when you look at the current state of the Mod and the servers.

By the way if you do actually have a CS degree don't refer to yourself as a "computer scientist." We don't do that.

BTW: Oh, we do that. Seems like you don't do that. Are you sure you have a degree in CS? Or maybe you come from a different culture? My bad.