Coderboy16

Ability to Create Console Private Servers

I only got this game a few days ago, however there's one thing that immediately disappoints a little. The ability to play privately. I've seen that by downloading the Nitrado application and paying a subscription fee, you are supposed to be able to create a private server. There's no way to have host your own server, even temporarily. The cheapest slot is about twelve dollars a month. Most console applications have the ability to create a private server within the game, and I think that'd be really appreciated. I just wanted a private server, firstly, so I can just look around at the game - take my good 'ol time and not worry about anybody or anything else. I also would like to be able to play privately with my cousin too, without needing to pay for a server.

If you're not looking to pay a dime, but still don't want to worry about getting your head blasted off you'll need to find an empty public server, or even open empty community server. Though in both cases there's the risk of other people connecting. 

1 hour ago, Xenophon- said:

If you're not looking to pay a dime, but still don't want to worry about getting your head blasted off you'll need to find an empty public server, or even open empty community server. Though in both cases there's the risk of other people connecting. 

Yah, I suppose. This isn't nearly as much of an issue for my computer games, such as Rust, since creating a server is extremely easy, and I just input my IP address into the game and I have a private server, either just for me, or for my friends too. I get the game is supposed to be more fun with more people, but I personally like sometimes I small or solo experience. I haven't had much time to actually plat the game yet, but based on the previews and such, it looks really awesome.

Hopefully this could be a feature at some point. Of course it requires the console (In my case, Xbox) to be continuously running for the server instance to be accessible, but that's no biggie. Just like when you open your Minecraft world to LAN (I understand the technical systems for each would be different).