Foolski

Trip Mines: Why they should be implemented

A lot of people seem to complain that tents can be easily raided by other players (which is true if you don't know how to hide things), this got me thinking of possible ways to protect your tent.

I knew that any sort of 'lock' in-game wouldn't work for obvious reasons, and I also knew that a password that you typed in to only allow you access wouldn't be viable either, due to the nature of the game.

Therefore I thought that some sort of weapon should be used, and trip mines fit this perfectly. Obviously they would have to be a rare find and because of this you would have to think about which direction you think people may be coming from. They also could be used as a crowd control for zombies.

The only real debate in my mind about this is if they should be insta-death or not. I can imagine people would become exceedingly annoyed if they were walking through some bushes and then BAM! all their stuff is gone. Maybe they could only incapacitate you.

Who knows, thats why I made this thread. What do you guys think?

TL;DR: The title says it all really, shame you missed the ideas formed around it through.

I do agree with the idea of being able to protect you camp when non of your friends or you are online or at base so a rare trip mine system would be nice, I also think it should be a deterrent not an insta kill maybe it should break your legs or make you bleed just to the point to scare the less ballsy plays so that they would not risk moving up to a possible camp or base.

Yes if it was just a deterrent then it would be less annoying I guess. Breaking their legs is a good idea.

definitely should be used. Maybe for now you can just have personel mines as a really rare drop. Later on you can craft different kinds of trip mines, maybe trip flares or something! :D

Trip flares! that would be a great way to make sure no one comes near your camp while your there without you knowing. Great suggestion!

What's wrong with hiding your tent? I've seen players put tents 200m away from the NE Airfield. They deserve to be looted. If you want stuff in your tent to stay there, put it in a safe spot.

I.. kinda hate mines in general. They're always "set and forget" which is overly lame.

Im thinking some kind of trip wire system you can place near your tent which either shoots a flare (only good for night) when triggered or plays a noise to attrack zombies.

We also will need maybe some wire cutters then which you could disable this trap if you spot it in time.

Trip flares sounds ok, Trip mines, no unless youre lucky to find one somewhere

Yeh, I don't think lethal mines are a good idea for a pvp game like this.

Trip flares however are great... and maybe bear traps (those are always stylish and would fit the setting very well)

I really don't see the difference between getting shot by a sniper in the head from 1000 yards, shot in the back from 10 yards with an AK or getting blown up by a mine. They are all equally unfair. You are dead either way.

Maybe traps can be limited to a 50 meter radius around the player tents, with no possibility to defuse. Then players have to take a gamble if they want to steal from it, and mines want be a problem all over the map.

I really don't see the difference between getting shot by a sniper in the head from 1000 yards' date=' shot in the back from 10 yards with an AK or getting blown up by a mine. They are all equally unfair. You are dead either way.

[/quote']

I wouldn't say dying in a game with PvP is unfair.

I'm not sure I understand the big deal with protecting tents enough that you need high explosives to do it?

Besides sooner or later someone would find a way to use them for other things.

I wouldn't say you got the point...

I wouldn't say you explained your point to the best of your ability.

I think mines would be more a problem then a benefit, a grefing tool, imagine if one was setup outside a store, or top/bottom of a ladder.

And if a means to defend a camp I imagine alot of people would 'forget' where it is and at night ...well that would be really really difficult, as is were getting sandbags and stuff to build some means of defence.

the flare or sound trip-wire is a yes, explosive, no.

At least not right now, as things are, this is something to implement further down the line.

Strining tin cans up to alert you to aproaching players , to lay as traps to attaract zombies to careless players. +1 to that.

explosive might be a tad to far, but i like the idea of dotting a few can traps around your camp to warn you of aproaching people or wolves :)

PS . WANT WOLVES!

I'm fine with setting up traps to attract zombies, but anything used like a claymore is just going to be used to grief players in cherno and elektro.