Sign in to follow this  
saltmcgault

pine trees and dig holes

whats up with not being able to dig up a hole that’s next to a pine tree? if you cut the tree down you still don’t get the option to dig up the crate. Does the tree fall the same direction every time you chop it down?

Edited by saltmcgault

I've noticed that they fall in different directions.  It must have something to do with where you stand or where you face relative to the tree when chopping it down.  I had this issue once, but chopping the tree, and luckily, at the correct angle, allowed me to reclaim the buried item.

• Thanks 1

so far i’ve tried 2 different angles and it’s fell the same direction. go figure the crates with 2 kam’s and ka101’s  are the ones i can’t dig up. thanks for the reply i appreciate it

Sorry bud, maybe the type of tree matters somehow? I have no experience with the pines. The tree I chopped to get my stuff back was a pine, but that was first try, I might have gotten lucky by placing my buried item in a good spot. The tree that fell different directions was a huge oak.

22 hours ago, saltmcgault said:

go figure the crates with 2 kam’s and ka101’s  are the ones i can’t dig up

I've lost my fair share of items in pine trees, so I feel ya!  Sometimes you will get a prompt to dig up an item when in prone.  Maybe try to reposition yourself 1,000,000 times, pixel by pixel, after you cut the lumber.  I wish you luck man, don't get frustrated.