Sign in to follow this  
Cpt. Foo

This game is too easy

I think that INSANE might have few good ideas. I wouldnt mind if south (Cherno/Elektro) did not spawn M4/AK's but rather shotguns, some Lee Enfields, Double barelled shotties (if only they fixed aiming) and few Winchesters with rare CZ550.

Also no Alice packs, make it CZ backpack max, so further north you go,the better the loot.

But thats just my opinion though. After spawning I've been many times to Cherno/Elektro and many times I died to sniper,but there were also many times where I did not meet any opposition and happily looted loads of stuff.

I will happily play the game as it is and wait for more stuff that Rocket will throw in the game (some buildable fortifications, powering up the electricity, maybe fortify small village, expand the map more to the north or whatnot).

EDIT:I will also talk to my buddy that we deffinitely should play DayZ during night time! Use flares, chem lights and flashlights...damn the atmosphere is gonna be tense as $%#@ :-D

The reward for traveling north is not getting shot at so much for your trouble.

I think it's just to easy to get there or do you disagree on that ?

Why the hell should it *not* be easy to walk north? This isn't an MMO' date=' there is no progression.

Going north is a decision not a level up, most choose to stay in the south which makes the south more dangerous than the north.

[/quote']

I think there is progression, maybe you just don't want to see it. The people staying near to the coast are most likely noobs, people who just got killed and PKer (which only kill noobs for the killcount). Almost every advanced player will head north so why do the noobs down south need an Alice Pack and a M4 ?

I play with a couple of people, when they die they just hit respawn a couple of times till they are near cherno or elektro (maybe also balota) and most of the time it takes them just a couple of minutes to find an Alice Pack, a pistol and a primary (sometimes even AK or M4) so where is the hardcore aspect of DayZ ?

They don't care about getting killed as it is no punishment, there are only a couple of things like Ghillie Suit, NVG or GPS that you don't wanna lose other than that I can get everything without much effort.

Well I don't think that is what DayZ should be about, it's just my opinion on it. I love the game and will continue to play and support it but this is just the direction I wish DayZ would go. If you have another opinion about it it's ok and I will accept it. If you are one of the guys staying south all the time please don't feel offended by my thoughts.

Well' date=' those guys had one good idea. Maybe im going to to this when i need a break from driving people around :)

http://www.dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=23443

[/quote']

And also the guys who kidnapped a fresh survivor and made him do their looting. Took real good care of him, fed him gave him pepsi, in the end he actually missed his captors. Sort of forced team-work.

That is the sort of thing that makes DayZ so great. You are limited only by your imagination. Unfortunately, many people get stuck on "See, Shoot, Kill" and never pause long enough to do something actually fun/entertaining.

Foo, I think you are setting out for a wildly fun, and very frustrating, path.

Sometimes its easy, sometimes its not. I looted Cherno AND Elektro once, havent found any gun, just ammo everywhere. The next time I spawned, got killed pretty fast in Elektro. Then I spawned again and found AKM with mags, food, water and alice pack pretty fast. Its based on luck.