Sign in to follow this  
Pete Pimp

Crashing from Client Launch

Hi guys,

a friend of mine has been having some issues over the last 9 or 10 days trying to play Dayz and I'm trying to get his game up and running. The story goes that he was playing with us and when we all crashed everyone but himself was able to jump right back onto the server. 

We couldn't find a simple fix and so I took a closer look at the crash logs and needless to say I am baffled. We found a solution online from one of the very VERY few people that had the same issue and they suggested having a friend log into the steam account of the affected player from another pc. We tried this and it ended up crashing on his friends PC who can normally play Dayz just fine.

We have tried the following, regedit, uninstall, verifying cache, using the client, using the launcher, using the DayzSA launcher, skipping the splash/character screen with steam parameters, and so many more ideas. As of today he reinstalled everything on his pc with a full wipe and a reinstall of windows. He is still having crashes now after reinstalling both steam and Dayz. He has contacted Bohemia on their respective forums for support but has not had a response in 4 or 5 days now.

Honestly, I'd be shocked to find a solution here that we have not tried yet but we are willing to do anything at this point. I hear Bohemia can kill characters remotely or offer additional support over there but like I said, we have not gotten a response.

Here is a link to a zipped file with his crash logs and a DxDiag report. https://drive.google.com/file/d/18XkNZhZ1mb5kbh5IdbYYTXyB-Z0OPPfq/view

He's logging into my account now, hopefully, we can narrow down his issue to being tied to his steam account. Which is the current theory. Like I said, willing to try anything short of microwaving his laptop hahaha!

Edit: He was able to log into my account through steam however when trying to launch, he crashed before he could get to the main menu (the same issue he was having before)

Edit: Here is one of the crash logs he received after launching. There are several of them but they all provide the same information.

Log C:\Users\Double G\AppData\Local\DayZ\script_2019-08-30_09-38-06.log started at 30.08. 09:38:16

SCRIPT       : Registered 220 temporary action enum(s), UAN==220
SCRIPT    (W): @"scripts/3_Game/systems\inventory\handfsm.c,96": Missing script declaration for method 'SgNetworkService.CreateLobby'
SCRIPT    (W): @"scripts/3_Game/systems\inventory\handfsm.c,96": Missing script declaration for method 'SgNetworkService.GameServerLoadMatchInfo'
SCRIPT    (W): @"scripts/3_Game/systems\inventory\handfsm.c,96": Missing script declaration for method 'SgNetworkService.CancelSearchForMatch'
SCRIPT    (W): @"scripts/3_Game/systems\inventory\handfsm.c,96": Missing script declaration for method 'SgNetworkService.SetLobbySlot'
SCRIPT    (W): @"scripts/3_Game/systems\inventory\handfsm.c,96": Missing script declaration for method 'SgNetworkService.LeaveLobby'
SCRIPT    (W): @"scripts/3_Game/systems\inventory\handfsm.c,96": Missing script declaration for method 'SgNetworkService.DeleteLobby'
SCRIPT    (W): @"scripts/3_Game/systems\inventory\handfsm.c,96": Missing script declaration for method 'SgNetworkService.JoinLobby'
SCRIPT    (W): @"scripts/3_Game/systems\inventory\handfsm.c,96": Missing script declaration for method 'SgNetworkService.StartLobbyGame'
SCRIPT    (W): @"scripts/3_Game/systems\inventory\handfsm.c,96": Missing script declaration for method 'SgNetworkService.GameServerReadyServer'
SCRIPT    (W): @"scripts/3_Game/systems\inventory\handfsm.c,96": Missing script declaration for method 'SgNetworkService.LeaveTeam'
SCRIPT    (W): @"scripts/3_Game/systems\inventory\handfsm.c,96": Missing script declaration for method 'SgNetworkService.LoadLobbyList'
SCRIPT    (W): @"scripts/3_Game/systems\inventory\handfsm.c,96": Missing script declaration for method 'SgNetworkService.JoinTeam'
SCRIPT    (W): @"scripts/3_Game/systems\inventory\handfsm.c,96": Missing script declaration for method 'SgNetworkService.GetUserUID'
SCRIPT    (W): @"scripts/3_Game/systems\inventory\handfsm.c,96": Missing script declaration for method 'SgNetworkService.ReadyLobbyPlayer'
SCRIPT    (W): @"scripts/3_Game/systems\inventory\handfsm.c,96": Missing script declaration for method 'SgNetworkService.GetService'
SCRIPT    (W): @"scripts/3_Game/systems\inventory\handfsm.c,96": Missing script declaration for method 'SgNetworkService.GameServerFinishGame'
SCRIPT    (W): @"scripts/3_Game/systems\inventory\handfsm.c,96": Missing script declaration for method 'SgNetworkService.StartSearchForMatch'
SCRIPT    (W): @"scripts/3_Game/systems\inventory\cargo.c,6": Missing script declaration for method 'CargoBase.IsProxyCargo'
SCRIPT       : CreateGame()
SCRIPT       : ... Backlit Effects Enabled

Edited by Pete Pimp

I always have trust issues with packed files from unknown sources. Can you please start with the basics and give us his/her full system specs here? Also, does the problem only occur on a single server? Cause you are talking about killing the char.

16 minutes ago, MaVerick_GDZ said:

I always have trust issues with packed files from unknown sources. Can you please start with the basics and give us his/her full system specs here? Also, does the problem only occur on a single server? Cause you are talking about killing the char.

Of course, totally understand the skepticism. These are his specs taken from the DxDiag he provided me

Time of this report: 9/2/2019, 15:00:57
             Machine name: LAPTOP-1JMRCEOL
               Machine Id: {59289C2A-321E-40B2-8D71-27BAABAAA7C4}
         Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 17134) (17134.rs4_release.180410-1804)
                 Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
      System Manufacturer: HP
             System Model: OMEN by HP Laptop 15-ce0xx
                     BIOS: F.07 (type: UEFI)
                Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.8GHz
                   Memory: 8192MB RAM
      Available OS Memory: 8078MB RAM
                Page File: 6536MB used, 12806MB available
              Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
          DirectX Version: DirectX 12
      DX Setup Parameters: Not found
         User DPI Setting: 120 DPI (125 percent)
       System DPI Setting: 120 DPI (125 percent)
          DWM DPI Scaling: UnKnown
                 Miracast: Available, with HDCP
Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Supported
           DxDiag Version: 10.00.17134.0001 64bit Unicode

He can't even get to the main character screen, long before he has a chance to join a server. He 'black screens' immediately and the game reportedly crashes on him. I'd also like to add that Dayz has always worked for him without issues until the day where he crashed. So I ruled out him running out of memory or something like that, but I could be mistaken.

Edit: I've gone ahead and added the original crash logs to my OP.

Edited by Pete Pimp

Thanks, that model got a GTX1050, more then enough. Just to rule out some more of my thoughs:

Are you playing with mods? Had a problem myself after 1.05 where i had to start dayz without any mods first before it worked

All drivers up to date? I know, standard question, but updating drivers can help, especially after reinstalling windows.

A quick google search brought up problems with antialiasing, so it may be worth a test to edit the DayZ.cfg inside the "Documents" folder. Set the according paramerts to 0 and try again.

Thanks for the quick response,

He was on a modded server when he initially crashed, and now we've been having him launch in vanilla. This was 1.04 when the crashes started and have persisted into 1.05

All drivers are up to date... 

We tried resetting antialiasing to 0. A few other solutions we've tried now is launching with parameters -windowed and -autoconfig. We just tried launching without sync to steam cloud and other parameters but he's still having issues. 

So...um....how about microwaving? 😉

I am a bit lost here, the only thing i can find is most likely the solution you are referring to: https://feedback.bistudio.com/T142399

That issue seems to be extremely rare, I'll stay on lookout and come back to you in case I can find something useful.

• Beans 1

Thanks for trying..

Just going to hope Bohemia responds to my friend. It's a private thread so if we get a solution I'll be sure to update here!

Np mate, always helping when i can.

Since nobody came up with any ideas yet, I thought about this a little longer, going deeper into the other error messages that ticket is showing. We should check out the basics of the basics, hardware problems. I know I am ignoring some things, like the friend logging into your friends account with the same outcome, but better safe then sorry.

Lets concentrate on 3 things, GPU, HDD und RAM. The easy thing first.

GPU problems are pretty easy to check, download the FurMark ( https://geeks3d.com/furmark/ ) - it may look like a hairy butt, but it will show GPU probems very effectively and quick. Crank up those parameters and let it run for a while.

Next up, HDD. That notebook comes with a HDD and an SSD (1 TB HDD, 256 GB SSD). I guess Windows is on the HDD. From my time as an apprentice I can highly recommend Hirens Boot CD ( https://www.hirensbootcd.org/download/ ) for diagnostics. That thing comes with a bootable OS and a lot of tools to sniff out hardware problems. Older versions may also work if you can't find what you are looking for on the current version. For the SSD i would go with tools from the hardware manufacturer, like Samsungs Magician for checking the health status.

Usually HBCD also comes with a RAM diagnostic and afaik Windows also got a build in one. I recommend more then 1 check.

If every check ends up OK, great, but not so great when looking at our problem here.

• Beans 1

Hi!

First off thanks for the continued interest. We personally didn't consider trying to run down the problem like you have suggested and we will be going forward with that in mind. We had more of a "WhAtS tHe SoLuTiOn" kind of thought in our head.

For the GPU test we used GFXbench and didn't see any crazy differing results. Both RAM checks and drive checks came out ok. Also a super helpful piece of software (Hirens Boot CD) just in general. Thank you for sharing that.

I've now been able to log into his account and was able to get into a public server just fine. He logged back into steam and crashed upon launch just like before. I'd like to add that when he crashes, his game appears to have a memory leak. He's able to talk to us through discord and eventually he claims that 20 or 30 seconds into the crash he stops hearing us. But a memory leak wouldnt make sense to me since we played Rainbow Six today just fine and the RAM tests came back fine.

He's also playing on one monitor and can't manage to tab out to view any kind of task manager so I have not been able to take a peek under the hood in that regard.

Hi guys happy to report we made some significant progress!

While me running it on my pc was the suggested fix that we found online here (https://feedback.bistudio.com/T142399) we did not get results with that specifically. 

I ended up having him let me sign in again and I overwrote his cloud data with my local files when prompted while launching. In our process, it was imperative that he not have any of his old steam cloud files on his PC. So I had him uninstall and remove dayz files from his computer while I was overwriting his old cloud files. 

Basically having a friend log in from another PC, replacing the cloud data, and making sure all his files were deleted was what worked for us. I'm not sure why or how, but I've narrowed it down to some corrupting file on his steam cloud data. Best of luck if anyone else has this issue. This was started in 1.04 and persisted into 1.05 please reach out if there are any further questions I'll be happy to help. 

• Thanks 1

Great news, glad you could solve the problem! 😄

Edit: This whole story can become helpful for our community in case someone got this problem again. Thank you for sharing the solution.

Edited by MaVerick_GDZ