Sign in to follow this  
hairyman

private servers??

Hi guys, just a quick Q.. far as i have read that dayz servers must be unlocked! and that server admins cannot kick players for friends etc

as me and a few friends were thinking of tryn to get a server but decided against it as obviously as far as i knew locking it could get us banned... so can someone explain this pic i took though steam :)

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/594723435399483585/7C951F8058BC6B9F5463E4CB44193D976B3CE5F1/

Rocket isn't a fan of servers being locked down for players to loot farm etc, so if you have your own server, keep it unlocked.

You aren't meant to kick people unless you have a valid reason (i.e. hacking) but there isn't any reason to not get your own server unless you meant to lock it down and anyway, whats the fun of DayZ without other people!

i cant see an issue with having a private server tbh, it SHOULD NOT be connecting to the hive so you wouldnt be migrating items from a "private" server into a "public one"

private servers would be fun for real clan matches without the worry of a stray idiot ruining it :D