Well after the responses to this thread and the many pm's i got we here at hfb have come to the conclusion it is sort of better to sell just the dedicated servers for the time being. We are working to get BW limits even higher to host the slot based servers but that will come later down the road. With that being said. I would like to announce HFBServers first Australian dedicated server.

Intel i5 2500 4 cores 4 threads

8GB DRR3 Ram

500Gb Sata Drive

Windows 2008 R2 Web Edition (Windows is required for Dayz)

2TB Of Bandwidth.

1 IP

Located in Sydney, Australia

All that for only $250/MO USD

Feel free to order now. We have a limited amount of these in stock so get your orders in ASAP.

https://www.hfbservers.com/billing/cart.php?a=add&pid=18

Edited by hungoverfurball
  • Like 2

I'm sorry, but where are you getting your Australian based prices from? We have spoken to about 7 different companies, we have also taken on a large sponsor who gives us a significant discount. We even spoke to other companies who are buying their servers for more than we pay. If you can seriously provide those sort of prices with decent specs and enough bandwidth we will migrate all 5 servers to you straight away.

Otherwise, we are actually in the process of trying to setup servers for other groups, however because we have 0 interest in profit we would make about $20 from every $400 that we get paid, which pretty much just covers... well almost nothing really.

If you could pm me with your server specs, bandwidth and prices (AU based) I would be very interested in what you have to offer.

Cheers,

Well as you did say "Australian Servers" and not "HFB Servers", it wouldn't be off-topic to say our provider does the exact same deal for $225.

We actually pay $350 for each of our servers, but that's with 4TB+ of bandwidth so we run 2x50 per box (i.e $175 each) and running on E3 1240's.

If your staff aren't overworked though and you can provide set-up, updates, and support for your customers, it would still be worthwhile for people who are willing to pay for someone else to do it.

Edited by Freeborne

Yay for the Aussie bandwidth price war.

Good luck for anyone to get under $30/mbit in AU. If you do the maths it costs more to supply bandwidth to these servers than what people are selling them for, it's call overselling, annoying thing is, DayZ servers WILL use the bandwidth.

Good luck!

• Like 1

Are they setup like current servers in usa? eg dayz mod installed etc etc? very keen...

I would suggest they're a Windows box, kgo install it youself :) Can't expect everything for nothing haha