Sign in to follow this  
Ecko (DayZ)

Bandit = Hard mode.

I love bandit status I must say.

Since becoming a bandit I haven't really killed any players just for the sake of it. I just love the extra challange. Being in a bandit skin tends to leave people to open fire first, ask questions later...

Heck even my friend that joined I told to always shoot bandits before trying to work with them.

Who else has become a bandit just for the extra challange?

I've killed 3 people as a bandit. 2 of those because they opened up on me. Generally when people engage I try to bug out. Not always possible though!

I became a bandit because i thought it would be easier, working in a team is too cumbersome, they want to share loot, they wanna borrow your ammo and they draw too much attention to myself, im a smash and grab player, i'll scope out a place, rush in kill a player if i have to and get out with the least noise possible.

Right now im trying to get my humanity down but recently ive had to suffer a lot of "Self defence" meaning im about -10,000 right now so i've ran to the furthest corner of the map waiting for it to go down.

Almost everyone shoots first no matter the skin, however you shooting first is much easier than trying to raise humanity.

Bandit also geys better camo.

Bandit is easy mode.

How is it worse than PMC? At least it breaks up your outline. PMC outfit is easy to see.

...says the brightly glowing figure in the distance. :angel:

The bandit camo is really very limited in its use.

of course bandits get shot at without question; because they shoot without question!

...says the brightly glowing figure in the distance. :angel:

The bandit camo is really very limited in its use.

The blue gear of a survivor makes you stick out like a sore thumb I would rather have the bandit skin.

The survivor skin is arguably better in the city, though not really to a useful degree. The bandit skin is far more useful out in the wilderness. To the point where in a group, the ones of us who have the bandit skin are often lost by our survivor companions, annoyingly.

At night, bandit camo is great. I was lying down in the field at the NW airfield and 4 survivors ran right past me and didn't notice a thing. I didn't shoot them because they were running to their buddies at the air traffic control tower. There were like 12 of them. Wouldn't have ended well for me.

Survivor clothes are better during darker hours.

I roll with a bandit and survivor, I can't even see my survivor buddy at night at all.

Don't flame me BUT why doesn't the humanity reset on death? Every other stat does.. I believe if it reset on death you could use humanity as sort of a points system. Right now I have -40k but it doesn't mean anything to me. Now If I had to accumulate that all in one go and got killed after getting such a high score... Well, then I would have to try harder next time.

I know some people use the amount of time lived to feel accomplished but it's easy to sit there like a paranoid ass hole instead of going out and racking up a score!

I understand having to "stick with your decisions" but I don't think this really changes things, other than it would make survivor encounters more sketchy and fun.

I know this is not an arcade cod shooter, get kills for airstrikes zomg!, but it is just something that makes sense to me.

bandit skin is horrible for camouflage. The dark survivor skin is probably the best. The bandit skin reflects too much light.