Whats the problem? The dev team are protecting there mod.

Ever tried getting a server license for PR?

A small server means a clan could pop lock the server getting an unfair advantage. The fact you've been told you can set the server back up once you can support a set number of server slots seems fine.

Getting all but hurt and posting on the forums just makes it look like you only had the intention of pop locking the server with friends.

And the problem is what exactly? They didn't disallow you from ever hosting a server. They just want you to run a 50 slot server. When you reach that capacity, they will let you host again. Fix your issues in the mean time and when you are ready ask for the right to host and they will gladly deliver. From the chat log it doesn't seem like they were bullying you or anything. In fact they were exceedingly polite in taking the time to address your concern when they could have simply told you that it's their mod, their rules.

They are providing their own server to host the hive free of charge to any game server trying to connect to it. What gives you the right to negotiate and make demands of them?

So, you wanted to run a 10 slot passworded server connected to the main database and the dev team said no.

Next you went on the forums and wasted everyone's time posting this useless chat log.

I am glad I won't be playing with you.

Have a nice day.

I completely side with the Dev's here.

He was polite, apologized for the situation, and thoroughly explained it.

You have to understand these guys are going at 110% right now. A small server does go against what they intend for the mod. If you have fifteen people on the server, it is basically open season on great loot locations. You can then hop into a 50/50 server and have a distinct advantage.

lmao 6 slots server? Fix it then bring it back up.

Good to know the devs are removing the useless servers so maybe it becomes easier to log in.

e: Also didn't notice any sarcams in that chat..

IMO, I see nothing that the dev did other than explaining over and over why they didn't want you running DayZ on your server at this time. He was being polite all the way through.

This is the sort of thing that is slowing down new servers from going up... RDP access *should* be a requirement for all servers in my opinion. If a host can't provide it then they shouldn't be hosting.

Wasting a bunch of time debating with a mod lead about why your server is wrong is what is slowing down other, legitimate servers from going up. Did you know there is sometimes a two or three day back log of people wanting to host servers right now, real servers? It's this sort of BS that's causing that.

Here's hoping the devs publish a set of rules for hosting and staple them to some people's heads so they can read them.

Closed.