Sign in to follow this  
Check0rBet

Player Locked to servers

One solution to duping, server hopping, and avoiding night cycles... Pretty much players being anchored to one lobby until they die. We can't customize a base character anyhow. 

• Like 1

this would not be very much different from what private servers are doing, where you have server based characters. so just play on privates.

• Like 1

ah on console you might not have that option, i dunno, do you have private servers?

in that case might be an interesting test for console to have some single-server-character servers from official.

1 hour ago, g4borg said:

ah on console you might not have that option, i dunno, do you have private servers?

in that case might be an interesting test for console to have some single-server-character servers from official.

Sorta kinda... You have to remember the server code or number, and you can return to it, but the problem with server hopping and duping has diminished the loot in most servers. And most of the player base, (including myself) tend to skip night time survival for daytime servers. If and when console gets our update, I know this will change.

Also it dose´nt matter which Server you choose, you always have your charakter to play with, which is different to the SA Version, where you had some kind of Server iselands, where you played one charakter at 10+ Servers and another one at the next 10+ Servers.

So you are perfectly able to hopp from one Server to the next without changing to a new character at all.

So therefore sticking the character to the Server is great as it will ensure there is no more way you can loot a military base, change the Server and loot the same base, on the next Server, as well, untill you are satisfied with the 5+ Military weapons you now own. No more escaping from the night with the character, if you´re not willing to lock of and come back an hour later. No more double up of Equipment. No more Monster bases if not build, following the game rules, you will know your neighbours as all stay on the same map and likely will have their bases there too and will live their digitlal live on exactly this map on and on. 

I think binding characters to Servers ist exactly the right thing to do, to get the game better under contol. It will be a totaly different game experience then.

Just my 2 Cents.

Edited by CPUTestUnit
  • Like 1

Ya for some reason as BI has stated before in a livestream months ago that having locked servers would make it hard for friends to play together, aswell as some other things that were so irrelevant i forgot. Someone once suggested making half the servers locked or even adding a few to experiment. I don't think BI realize the pros out weigh the cons, even if i had to sit in a que for an hour to play on my locked server i would as i bet many others would if it ment not dealing with exploits. I think there should atleast be a few locked servers for every region, 1pp & 3pp. Granted locked servers don't make the game bug or exploit free, it's a great start. BI seems to have some other things in the works to combat current exploits though. I think locked servers should still be a option for the players that want it, with or without exploits.

Edited by Robzom11

I understood it is coming with the next update for the PS that Charakters are bind to a Server?

I dont know if that means you still can choose another server and have a second, third, fourth, character and only are able to play your first character on this one Server or if they bind (like SA) the characters to a boundel of 10 or so Servers?

It will be interesting but the matter of a long wait queue surly weigths heavy in this Industrie.

1 hour ago, CPUTestUnit said:

I think binding characters to Servers ist exactly the right thing to do, to get the game better under contol. It will be a totaly different game experience then.

I was thinking if you just added some locked servers you would get better game experience in that player interaction would be better as the players in that locked server are looking for a similar experience as you (not talking about kos i think that's fine) reducing things like combat logging, ext, which will always plague the game. The fact that everyone most likely will be waiting in a que for awhile before they join would indicate that they have some amount of patience and also maybe indicate that they value their character or just a more authentic game experience... I just think the difference would be night & day.. Literally. I agree though that locked servers shouldn't be the solution to everything, but i think they are worth having for the players who want to use them.

Edited by Robzom11
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Robzom11 said:

I just think the difference would be night & day.. Literally. 

Yes, it would be a different game allowing more interaction as your Name will remain.

Means, if I shoot Players on this map and my base sits there and I always return here, at least those with a base there too (so the rejoiners on the same Server when died) will start to recognise you are there as well always.

This might give room for more...

So the experience is somehow more realistic then the current ghost hopping set up.

It is a raw peace of meat the game and it is good it is, as this allows the needed room for the Players. Sticking them to Servers gives this even more room I think. (With raw I mean not much is regulated (like PVE only, defense mode or other game restricting things)and it is good it is not regulated as this makes this game some how unique..

Edited by CPUTestUnit
  • Like 1

I once was watching a squad from afar, when i noticed one of the them had human steak in his hands that he was feeding to his friends. Instantly regretted not taking the multiple opportunites i had to snipe their faces off, i awaited for a good opportunity to get a clear shot when i lost sight of them behind a few containers (they all left the server as it was turning night). Sometimes that's all the action you can get in however many hours of playing. That's why a fat que is worth it in my opinion, you get to play the game but with alot less fuckery.

Edited by Robzom11
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

It's not a good idea.. If 1 characters per server, you will always meet same people on same server.. Imagine when 60 players build their own base, so there is 60 bases.. Same people will come to play on that server.. So no potential to meet new people, and group up.. (Yeah sometimes, new player show up, but most of the server will be occupied by the same players.. 

And I don't wanna wait until someone will left the server and then join, because on this server I have my dream character.. 

Sure, It should be a effective way to delete duping from world of DayZ.. But start on every server without nothing, idk man.. 

18 minutes ago, TheDrifT3r_Cz said:

Imagine when 60 players build their own base, so there is 60 bases..

I dont think that will happen.

It is unlikely always the 100 % Players Intention is to only base and to be that far as well in the game. There will be a natural mixture of different People. Some die and stay, others die and leave and not including time Zone effects. Think you can plan more Players for one Server then just 60, same like the over booking in Hotels for now Shows but even higher. Thats also why private Servers work. you will sit there only with the players allowed by the owner but ist still more diffent Players in general then the Server cpacity allows for each session.

Edited by CPUTestUnit

Looks like were getting private servers in 1.04 so i suppose locked servers aren't necessary.

• Like 1

Locking characters to a single server isn't the solution here.

I would be more frustrated having to que for minutes and minutes just to play the game. All in the hope it promotes a different play style? Often my friends and I only have an hour to play so this would ruin our enjoyment completely, 

No, the hoppers and loggers will still hop and log but at least BI will have put some mechanics in place to make it a less attractive option.

Not too mention the server browser isnt good enough to allow anyone to keep track of multiple characters across servers.

The new server hopping spawns are a great idea, let's see how they go.

9 hours ago, hsv7ltr said:

Locking characters to a single server isn't the solution here.

I would be more frustrated having to que for minutes and minutes just to play the game. All in the hope it promotes a different play style? Often my friends and I only have an hour to play so this would ruin our enjoyment completely, 

No, the hoppers and loggers will still hop and log but at least BI will have put some mechanics in place to make it a less attractive option.

Not too mention the server browser isnt good enough to allow anyone to keep track of multiple characters across servers.

The new server hopping spawns are a great idea, let's see how they go.

Hopefully when they make game engine improvements the player queue won't be a problem, but the 1.04 should be good enough to solve our issues.